Chapter Four

Hey! Anyone reading this, could you please comment your opinion of the story so far? Any advice or things you want me to include? I would really appreciate it! Thank you beautiful readers! 

“It is one of life's bitterest truths that bedtime so often arrives just when things are really getting interesting.” – Lemony Snicket

Slowly, one by one, the boys started leaving the table. My eyes widened as they all grabbed plates and went to do the dishes without anyone telling them to. Isn’t it a truth universally acknowledged that all teenage guys are messy slobs? Apparently not in this parallel universe where it’s socially accepted to kidnap girls.

However, much to my dismay, Luke and Adam (the guy next to me) remained seated, leaving me trapped. Once there was no one left in the dining room, Lucas swiftly pushed his chair away from the table. His arms snaked around my waist and under my legs, hoisting me into his arms again.

“I can walk you know.” I pouted.

He chuckled, the deep sound vibrating against my side. “I’m not taking any chances.”

I had to fight to hold back a smirk. “I’m not going to try run again. You guys are all freaking 6 foot tall. I’m pretty sure you could out run me! And besides, if I thought I had a chance I would have jumped out the window hours ago.”

He raised an eyebrow at me and began walking. “Feisty, I like it.”

“So put me down?” I fluttered my eye lashes, which in retrospect was probably confused as having something stuck in me eye.

“Nah, I like the view from here.” I groaned and reached up to slap the back of his head which only made him laugh harder. Does this guy have any weaknesses?!

I was carried into another huge room, full of sofas and a huge flatscreen TV. There was enough seating for everyone living in the house and more. Lucas put me down on a plush brown sofa and lowered himself next to me. It seemed that everyone else was seated on the mismatched sofas.

“Movie time!” Finn (the supposedly better twin) called out and was met with a loud cheer. He jumped up and put a disc in the DVD player. The TV turned on with a loud chiming. Finn jumped onto the sofa right next to me. With a groan I realised I was sandwiched again.

“You guys suck, you know that right?”

Surprise surprise, they all laughed. Was there anything they did other than laugh at my misfortune?!

Lucas shuffled closer to me, if that was even possible. His leg was resting against mine and our arms were touching. Needless to say, every bit of skin that met was practically on fire. I was getting increasingly more confused and frustrated with what my body was doing. Stupid body. Control yourself.

The movie turned out to be a horror. How cliché. I was freaking out, but everyone else were relaxed and even found it funny during the torture scenes. It was one of those movies full of things that jump out of you. And blood. A lot of blood.

My heart was racing as the girl walked down the dark hallway. The music was getting faster and faster and she was getting closer and closer to death and suddenly the music reached a climax and I couldn’t bear to watch anymore. On a whim I buried my face in Lucas’ shoulder, immediately feeling safer.

He stiffened but I was too scared to pull away. I was mentally slapping myself, I mean, what kind of kidnaper wants him victim all over him? But to my surprise, after a few seconds he relaxed and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I couldn’t help the smile that crept onto my face as I felt this unidentifiable happiness sweep through me.

I groaned angrily, again more at myself than him. I thought about pulling away but the movie was spurting out screaming sounds and I was frankly too scared to even move.

Nestled into Lucas’ chest, I could hear the slow, rhythmic beating of his heart. His chest was rising and falling gently, and my god he smelled amazing. In his arms, much to my annoyance, I felt safer and more at peace than I ever had before. With my common sense yelling at me, I fell into a deep sleep. Yeah, I’m the only person on the entire planet that could sleep during a violent horror movie.

My eyes peeled open and I looked up to see Lucas’ face. Some part of my half asleep brain registered that I was being carried up the stairs.

“Hello sleeping beauty.”

I closed my eyes and flopped my head back down against his chest. Inhaling, I was greeted by him mouth-watering smell. “You smell nice,” I muttered groggily.

Lucas laughed a deep, hearty laugh. I barely registered being placed into my cold bed and falling into an uneasy sleep, feeling like I was missing something.