Chapter Sixteen

I sighed in content, resting against Lucas and enjoying the warm sun on my face. We had walked in silence for about an hour, until I let my curiosity brim over and practically begged for us to sit down and talk. Lucas had led me to some waist long grass and pulled me close.

“So, this mate thing...”

“Mmm?”

“I’m yours, right?”

“Forever. Mine. Mine only. So when I do this,” he trailed his hand from my cheek, down my neck and to the small of my back, “you like it.”

“When I do this...” he gently turned me around and stared right into my eyes, catching me in his trap. Curse him and his beautiful eyes. “You can’t even look away.” He released me from his visual hold and I glared at him.

“So, if I’m yours...you’re mine.” He grinned widely at my words, pure undiluted happiness lit up his face.

“That’s the way it works.”

Faking innocence, I crawled around and sat right in front of him. “Okay...so if I do this, you want more.” I leant in slowly and brushed my lips as light as a feather against his, then pulled back.

“Hell yeah I do,” then before I could do anything, he grabbed me and pinned me to the ground.

“Bad Charlotte,” he growled before attacking my lips. I tried to resist but I lasted all of three seconds.

Now that I knew there was a reason for all my intense feelings, other than me just being completely crazy, and that Lucas felt the same way, I was much more confident and willing to act myself around him. And that included hardly ever having no physical contact. It just felt so bad when we weren’t touching, and if the thing that made me feel good was there and willing...why the hell not?!

“I have another question,” I asked breathlessly as we finally sat back up again.

“Fire away.” Lucas was playing with my hair again.

“Do all the other guys know about the wolf thing?”

He grinned at my ignorance. “They’re all part of my pack, love. The house we live in is one of the many houses owned by our pack. The girls prefer to stay in a separate house, something about us being disgustingly dirty. But they are welcome, as is anyone.”

I snorted at the dirty part. I had never met a group of adolescent guys that were tidier.

“Wait, you said ‘your’ pack?”

“Yeah, I’m, well I guess you could call me the leader? Which, as my mate, will make you the co-leader when we mate – hey don’t look so scared! You were made for this role, it’ll be fine. And Jared is my second in charge. We call him a Beta, you would be a Luna and I’m the Alpha.”

My head spun at all the information. “How am I your luna?”

“Well you’re not yet, not technically. You will be when we mate.”

“Mate?” I was beginning to sound like a parrot, questioning everything he said.

“Yeah that’s part of the whole finding your sole mate thing.”

“What does it entail?”

“Well, first I mark you. Which means I bite you right here,” he said, brushing his fingers over a spot on my neck. I was overcome by a foreign feeling, which made me want to melt.

“Don’t worry, it wont hurt. Far from it in fact. Then after that, when you’re ready, we seal the deal.” It took me a minute to realise what he meant, but when I did my face went the reddest it had been yet.

I sighed and fell back against his chest, looking up into the cloudless sky. “Wow...that’s a lot of information to take in.”

“So you’re not mad?” He asked, hope seeping into his words.

I turned my head to the side, looking at his perfect face. “Why would I be mad?”

“Because I kidnapped you and kept this a secret from you.” True, I thought, but I was wayyyy over that.

I propped my head up on one arm and reached over, running my hands through his hair. It was so soft, like touching a cloud. Okay bad simile but let me tell you it was amazing.

“I couldn’t be mad at you.”

He grinned and grabbed my waist, somehow ending up on top of me.

“You’re just so freaking beautiful, I can’t believe how lucky I am.”

I flashed him a huge smile. “Not so bad yourself, wolfy.”

He rolled his eyes light-heartedly. “So you’ll stay? Willingly?

“I hardly have a choice now, do I? Besides, this beats anything hands down.”

“Thank you Charlotte. And we will go at whatever pace you need okay? I get how weird this must be for a human so if you need time alone, or want to speak to someone else, maybe one of the girls in the pack, or anything else just ask.”

I leaned up and kissed him.

“Thank you, Lucas.”