Stray Heart

Diana's POV: 

Mornings always feel good when I have Ian by my side. His arms would stay around me. Strong, warm and loving. Never wanting to let me go, and me not wanting him to let go. It's a great way to wake up. It felt almost the exact way I woke up today...except I woke up with Joven. It's not the same, but... 

I don't know. I don't know what to make of this. I hardly slept. I just had an internal debate all night. All I thought about was how foolish I was for setting myself up for pain. That I should've stayed with Joven. Then I think about how ridiculous I'm being. One bad relationship isn't the end of the world. 

I know me leaving is for the best. I can get a breather, think for a while and get a clear mind. I'll come back. I have friends here. I want to be here for Kalel's wedding. And if it's meant to be, maybe Joven and I will have a chance. But before I leave, I have things to take care of. 

I felt Joven stir next to me and groaning as he woke up. His arm wrapped around my waist as my back is pressed against his chest. I turn my head to look at him. His eyes open slightly, staring at me. I smile slightly. He returns the smile with a sleepy one. I giggle, he let's go of me. Turning on his back and covering his eyes. 

"How much sleep did you get?" He asks. 

I turn my body, laying down on my side and facing him. "Not much." I answered honestly. 

"Thinking?" 

"You know me too well." I chuckle slightly. 

"I just figured you had lots on your mind." He said, looking at me. 

"I do." 

"Hmm." He hums. 

"You want to ask something." I say. 

"What are we? We seem to be coming back, yet we don't have a title." 

I stare at him for a while contemplating on the answer. I instead just give him the straight truth. "I don't know. I guess that's why I'm leaving. I need to clear my head. Be able to think straight. I can't solve all my problems if I'm near them." I explain. 

He nods, staring at me. I turn on my back and stare at the ceiling. We just lay there together in his bed in silence. Until he spoke up. "You know you look good in my shirt." I smile. 

"Shut up." I giggle. 

"Just saying." He puts his hands up. I roll my eyes, smiling. My phone rings, interrupting the moment. I sit up, looking around the room and seeing it on a dresser. I crawled out of the bed and grabbed my phone. I look at the caller ID to see Anthony calling. I press the answer button and put the phone in my ear. 

"Hello?" 

"Diana? You are coming back before you leave, right?" He asked nervously. 

"Of course. My suitcases are there, Kalel is my ride, I want to say goodbye and I still have one more thing to do." I tell him. 

"And what's that?" He asks. I saw Joven pass by me, but not before poking my side. Causing me to yelp in surprise, I hate being ticklish. "What was that?" Anthony asks another question. 

"You'll know when it happens and nothing." I say quickly. "Now, I'll see you there. Bye." I end that call. I turn around and I see Joven leaning against the doorframe with a smirk. I charge after him and he starts running. It was a fairly small place, so I easily caught up to him. I jumped on his back while giggling. He laughed and held onto my legs so I didn't fall. He walked towards the kitchen and set me down on the counter. 

He sets his hands on the counter and leans against it. "What are you craving for?" I give him a surprised look. 

"You can cook?" I ask.