The Best or Worst of Us

Diana's POV: 

I grab my sweater from my bag and left a note for Kalel, letting her know that I was just going for a walk and not to worry. I slip on my jacket feeling a slight chill when I open the door. We might be living in California but it has its cold moments. It was 7 am on a Wednesday and it was pretty calm. Not a lot of people were out and that's how I want it. I walked on the sidewalk on the calm suburban neighborhood, breathing in the fresh air. I'm grateful of this moment right now. This is most calm moment I've had since all this has happened. 

Well...I have been happy with Kalel and Mari. But after, I just couldn't take my mind off what's happening. What I should do. I took my phone from my pocket, deciding to call the one person who can usually make me feel better at times like this. I dial my mom's phone number and put the phone to my ear. Hearing the line ringing. I was about to give up until the ringing stopped. "Hello?" My mother's voice spoke. 

"Mom." I sigh. 

"Diana, honey, how are you?" She asked, her mother instincts kicking in. 

"Could be better." I mumble into the phone. 

"What's going on? Talk to me." 

I arrived at an empty playground, much like the one back at the Smosh house. I sat on one of the swings and begin talking about all the things that's happened. Minus the...intimate things that's happened between Ian and me. She didn't say a word and just listened to me. That's something good about her. 

By the time I finished my voice was trembling and tears slowly poured from my eyes. "So yea. That's pretty much it. Maybe the fact that I'm homesick could add to how crappy I feel." 

"You seemed to be having a good time." 

"I was but things have gotten rough. I don't really know what to do." 

"I have a suggestion, but I don't know what you'll think of it." She said nervously. 

"What?" I ask skeptically. 

"Why don't you come back for a while? Just a while to take a breather and when you want, you can go back." She suggested.  

I stay quiet for a while, thinking about what she is suggesting. It seems like a far-fetched idea, like if I'm running away from my problems. Even though it sounds pretty good. 

"You don't have to choose now. Think about it. Talk about it with everyone else." She said. 

I sigh, "Yea, I'll think about it. Thanks for listening. I'll talk to you soon." 

"Okay, honey. Bye." 

"Bye." I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket. I started swinging, rocking back and forth, and gradually picking up speed. The fresh air hitting my skin and blowing my hair freely. I smile, feeling like a child again. I swing my legs to keep the momentum going. While I kept swinging, my mind went to a certain memory. 

"Go on the swing. I'll push you." Ian said as we walked to the park soaking wet. I run up to the swing and quickly sat on it. 

"I won't slip, right? Considering I'm wet from the lake." I giggle as he went up behind me. 

"Better pray that you won't." He chuckles. 

"You jerk." I giggle. He starts pushing me causing me to swing. Every time I swung back he would push me. The swing starting to move faster, I smiled at the feeling of it. But I felt cold from the bitter wind blowing every time I moved. "It's getting cold." 

After I said that, he stopped pushing me. I started swinging my legs so I didn't stop moving. I looked to see where he was going, he stood in front of me swinging but a far enough distance so I didn't hit him.