Because It's You and Me

Diana's POV: 

"You guys do a lot of traveling, not that I don't mind. I love it." I say in the back seat of Ian's car. 

"Now you know how our life is." Anthony laughs. Ian's phone rang. He looked at who it was and picked it up. 

"Hey, mom." He said happily. "No I didn't forget." Pause. "They can?" Pause again. "Yea, I'll let them know. At what time?" He looked at me through the rearview mirror. I looked at him with a questionable look. He focused his eyes back on the road. "Okay. Me too. Bye." He hung up and put his phone in the cup holder. "Call Kalel. Ask her if she's busy tonight." 

"What for?" Anthony asks, pulling out his phone. 

"Remember my sister is getting married today. Mom invited all of us to go. At 4." Ian says to him. Anthony nods and calls her. I take a look at my phone. Its 9 right now. We'll have time and I know what to wear. I lean up to his chair. 

"Poor Ian, will he be alone for this major event?" I say teasingly. 

"Maybe. It's so sad. I had this amazing girl in my mind, but I don't know if she'll want to go with me." He said sadly. I smile. 

"I'm alone too. I had this awesome guy, but he's taking too long to ask." I say devastatingly. He smirked. 

"If you want me to take you all you have to do is ask." He says in a conceited tone. 

"Are you scared to ask yourself?" I smirk. 

"Diana Rivera, do you want to be my date?" Ian asks quietly. 

"Of course I do, you dummy." I say sweetly. I lean back in my seat and smile. 

"Aw, you guys are so sweet!" I hear a girl's voice say. What the hell was that? 

"Kalel?" I say confused. 

"DUH! I'm on speaker." She says laughing. 

"We'll talk later." I say to her. 

"Okay, I get it. Bye!" Kalel says before she hangs up. 

"Your girlfriend is crazy. She's awesome." I say to Anthony. 

"I know. And she said yes." Anthony says. 

We arrived at Smosh Games HQ. We were here for the Game Bang, and we are going to play Just Dance 4. We walk inside and everyone greets me. I've been accepted so quickly. It makes me happy. I'm not that girl who Smosh walks around with. I'm Diana. We walk into the gaming room to see Mari and Lasercorn there. 

"Hey guys." I say to the 2 gamers in the room. Lasercorn just mumbled a quick hi to us and went back into his phone. On the other hand, Mari was really excited to see me. 

"Diana! It's been a while." She jumped and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back with a smile. She grabs my hand and pulls me towards the door. 

"Where are you going?" Ian asks. 

"Starbucks. The one a few blocks from here." Mari says, pulling me outside. We walk on the sidewalk next to each other in silence. Then she spoke... 

"So what's been going on? Joven told me you guys aren't together." Mari says looking at me. 

I smile and look down at the sidewalk shyly, "Well we kissed." I hear Mari gasps. "After that we went to a café date, I guess. I told him that maybe we weren't meant to be, but I knew someone else who might be good." 

"Lauren." She said. I look at her surprised. "She told me." I nod. I open the door to Starbucks, we got in line. 

"So they got together. And me? I'm not sure myself." I say. The lady on the counter asked us what we wanted. I ordered my favorite, caramel frappuccino. Mari ordered the same. As we waited, we sat on some lounge chairs by the window.