Commitment & Hard Choices

Diana's POV: 

100% Completed 

It was the day before the deadline, June 27. It finally uploaded. I smiled. It took so long for it to be uploaded. I checked it every 10 minutes to see how it progressed. I'm so nervous. I put my twitter and smosh.com account just to be safe. I hope I win. 

"Did it upload yet?" My mom came up and asked. 

"Yea." I chuckled nervously. She smiled and sat next to me. "Don't worry about it. You have a good chance. I saw how hard you worked on it." 

I smiled gratefully, "Yea, I know." 

"I'm rooting for you. You need to get out more. And it'll give your dad and me some time alone." She winked suggestively. 

"Oh Gosh, MOM!" I yelled and giggled at the same time. She lifts up her hands in surrender and says, "I'm just joking...partially." I laugh so much and so does she. If I say anything inappropriate it's her fault for being a bad influence. She always lift up my mood. "Anyways, I'm going help your dad with dinner." "Okay." I smile, while she gets off the chair to leave to the kitchen. 

I sigh as I lean back in my chair. It's true. I committed myself so much with this whole video. Instead of dancing to just one song, I did a whole remix of a couple of their songs. Only my favorites. I made my own choreography, filmed in a couple of places, and added some humor to it. I showed it to a couple of people before uploading, and they loved it. I just hope Smosh does too. 

Anthony's POV (2 Days Later: Saturday, June 29): 

We hit the upload button. In an hour and a half, the results will be up and all our fans will be going crazy. Especially our grand prize winner. Her video was very good. She mixed our songs. She had her own sense of originality. Ian liked it the most in my opinion. He talked about her a lot. When the video uploads, we'll contact her immediately. She needs to be here on the 1st of July. Two days away. I'm just hoping this goes well. Ian seems to be very positive about it. Well, here goes nothing. 

Diana's POV: 

Refresh, nothing, Refresh... 

There it is. I thought to myself. 

"It's up. The video is up." I tell my parents. They're sitting beside me. One on each side. I click it. 

Ian and Anthony are standing looking into the camera, smiling. I love seeing them happy. "Hey guys, so you must be so anxious to know who the winners are." Anthony says. 

"We aren't because...we already know!" Ian says mockingly. "And after spending so many hours watching your videos we came to the conclusion that you are all crazy, funny, and talented and dedicated. So many videos came to us an..." 

"OKAY, Ian." Anthony interrupted, laughing at Ian pouting. "They just want to hear the results." 

"Yea...let's get this started!" Ian yelled. 

"10th place goes to..." Anthony stopped, but not because it's part of the video. But because my mom skipped ahead. 

"Really, mom?!' I yelled at her. "Yes, really. I'm dying to know as much as you and I won't listen about the other winners." She says. I start laughing. She's too impatient sometimes. 

"And now finally, our grand prize winner is..." Anthony pauses for dramatic effect, looking at Ian. 

"EnchantedDiana!" Ian and Anthony scream at the same time. "We'll be contacting you and the other winners very soon" Ian says happily. 

"Bye!" Anthony says. 

"Diana..." My parents say at same time. 

I scream...loudly. "I WON! I ACTUALLY DID IT!" I have the biggest smile on my face. 

"Congratulations, Diana." My parents say to me with big smiles on their faces. They get up to let me do what I have to do. 

"Thank you." I said happily. "Oh! Twitter! Maybe they contacted me!" I signed in quickly not only to see that they followed me, but they wrote to me! 

From: Smosh 

To: EnchantedDiana 

Congratulations, Diana, on winning the contest! Please give us your Skype or email to work out all the details. Need to work fast. We're planning for you to arrive on July 1st. 

Love, 

Ian and Anthony 

I giggled, they wrote 'Love'. I'm too weird sometimes. I quickly wrote them back. Telling them my Skype and email just in case. 

10 minutes later I see that I have a request in Skype. It's them! I freak out, but quickly compose myself. I really don't want to freak them out. 

RING...RING...RING! 

They're calling me! Do I look good?! Is my hair okay?! Does my breath stink?! Wait...what? Does it matter? I mentally slap myself and quickly answer. 

The screen switches to them. Ian mostly on the screen with Anthony in the background. They're so CUTE! I giggle on the inside. 

"Hey, Diana." They both say. I smile big and feel my eyes water. 

"H-Hi, guys." I say shakily. Don't make a fool of yourself! 

Ian's POV: 

She looks like she's going to cry. Uh Oh. What do I do? 

"Hey, don't cry! I know we're fabulous, but please contain yourself." I say while Anthony and I pose weirdly. She starts laughing. She has a beautiful smile. What am I thinking? Whatever. We laugh along with her. 

"I'm sorry. I just never thought this would be happening to me right now." She smiles. 

"Well it is. And we can't wait to meet you!" Anthony said. 

"I think I'm more excited than you guys." She said. 

Anthony and me looked at each other and said in a snobby voice, "No way! We are!" Again she laughs. 

Anthony moves closer and talks to her about the details, while she just listens closely and writes it all down. Me? I zoned out, looking at her closely. She was beautiful, no doubt. She had straight and long black hair. Light brown eyes, and from what I can see, soft skin and rosy cheeks. She hardly had make-up from the looks of it. 

"Hey, Ian." Anthony whispers. 

"Huh?" I say. 

"Should we talk with her parents?" He asks. "I guess?" I say. 

Then Diana speaks up, "Actually, my parents would like to speak to you." 

"Great!" We say. 

After an hour, we hang up. 15 minutes with her parents and 45 minutes with her. We had everything planned. She said that she would buy the ticket and send us the info on the flight so we knew when to pick her up. I'm nervous. But why? We meet fans all the time. But not one who is staying in your house for a month and is a girl! Whatever. 

"What did you think about her?" Anthony asks me. 

"She seems pretty cool." I respond, acting normal. 

"Yea. This month will be interesting." He says standing up. "Tomorrow, we'll talk to the other 9 winners. I'm exhausted." 

"Me too. Goodnight." I say. 

"Goodnight, Ian." He says tiredly. 

I get up from my chair and head to my room. I grab a towel and spare clothes. Take a quick shower, get dressed, and heading to my room. I hang my towel and throw my clothes in my laundry basket. I turn off the light and get in bed. 

What a day. This hasn't happened before. No fan has ever lived in the Smosh house with us. But starting on Monday, one girl will. For a month. She'll be like a temporary member of Smosh. Who would've thought? Not Anthony, the fans or me.

Anthony is right...this will be an interesting month, and I can't wait for it.