Wants & Needs

Diana's POV: 

"I knew all of you guys worked a lot, but I never knew how much until I started filming with you guys." I say to Mari while pushing my shopping cart. 

"Now you know. But I don't mind it." She giggles. 

"I don't either. As a matter of fact I enjoy it all. It's sucks that I finished filming for the Smosh episode." I grab a can of red beans. Inspecting it. 

"I'm glad to hear that. If you haven't noticed, you've become an important part of us." Mari says with a smile. I smile at her and pull her into a side hug. 

"Never in my wildest dreams would I ever thought of this happening to me." I sigh unbelievably. I grab 2 cans of beans and put them in the cart. I push the cart to the next aisle, grabbing 2 sacks of rice. 

"So what are you making?" Mari asks. We were at the grocery store and I decided to make food for me, the gamers, Kalel and the guys. 

"Rice and beans and breaded chicken breast with a special sauce." I say. She raised her eyebrows. "What's with that face?" 

"Seems like a lot of food to be cooking yourself." She said. 

I shrug indifferently, "My father taught me everything he knew. The special sauce is our recipe. It's not a lot once you eat and the reward is the taste and satisfaction." 

After getting all the necessary items, I pay for it and Mari helps me load it into her car. Ian and Anthony are filming Gametime so I took the chance to go shopping for dinner tonight. We were home taking the bag out when my phone started ringing. I look at the number, Ian. I answer the phone, putting it between my ear and shoulder. 

"Hello?" Grabbing 3 bags carefully and taking them out. Seeing Mari grab 3 as well. 

"Where are you?" He asks. I walk up to the front door, grabbing the spare key they hide outside. 

"I just got home with Mari. We went shopping for dinner tonight. And we're taking the bags inside right now." I tell him, placing the bags on the counter. 

"Just like a true woman." He joked. I laughed and put him on speaker, placing it in the counter. 

"Sexist." I say while laughing. 

"No I'm not. Anyways I was just checking on you since we're coming back. Everyone is coming around at 6." He explains. I look at the time, 4:30. I have time. 

"Okay. I'll see you soon. I'm going to cook soon." I tell him. 

"Okay. Bye." He said and hung up. I looked at Mari to see her with a teasing smile. 

"Shut up." I laugh breathlessly. 

"I've never seen or heard Ian so happy like this before." She said. I look at her questionably. "He's always fun to hang out with, but ever since you came around he's more...happy and loose and carefree." She said while handing me the cans of beans. 

"He's always seemed like that to me." I grabbed a large pot from the bottom cabinet and put it on the stove. 

"You haven't seen him when the cameras didn't roll before you got here. He just seemed out of it. But enough of that, can I help cook?" She asks. I smile and nod. 

I put on some music and opened the sliding back door. We got to cooking. She chopped up the onions while I started on the rice and beans. She finished chopping and I showed her how to make the breaded part of the chicken. I heard the garage open meaning Anthony and Ian got here. 

"We're home." Kalel yells out. I smile. 

"And it smells amazing in here." Anthony groans happily.