Summer of Secrets~Chapter twenty three

(A.N.-This chapter is really short, sorry<3 and it's almost over, not yet though! Next chapter)';  )

Chance’s breathing was still heavy even after all the spiders were gone.

“Are you sure they’re gone?” He asked for the millionth time.

“Yes, Chance.” I stared at him intently.

I saw Chance’s face change from paranoia to anger. I heard heavy steps from behind me, and soon I felt someone’s warm breath on my neck. I felt my hair get brushed out of my face—his signature move.

“You really love him, don’t you?” I heard him whisper in my ear.

Frozen with fear, all I could do was nod stiffly. I watched the man appear next to me. He walked over to Chance slowly. He whispered something incoherently into Chance’s ear. Chance obviously didn’t hear him, so he repeated himself, but a little louder—just loud enough so I could hear him too.

“The worst isn’t over yet, Chancie boy.” I could imagine his hideous face smirking under his mask. He pulled down his sleeve, covering the ankh tattoo that matched Chance’s exactly.

Chance glared up at him—which got him very angry. He pulled out a hammer and brought it down on Chance’s arm. Chance’s arm made a loud cracking sound under the power of the man’s hammer. Chance tried his hardest to keep his screams inside, but failed miserably.

I looked away as he kept hitting Chance—more like beating Chance. I cringed at the horrible sounds that came from Chance and the hammer. The sound of his soft skin getting hit over and over was just mentally scarring.

I felt hot tears escape my burning eyes as I tried not to react.

“Say goodbye, Chance.” I heard the man say through his teeth as he suddenly brought the hammer down onto Chance’s head roughly. Over and over.

I watched as I saw Chance slowly slip into the cold hands of death. I heard a high pitched whimper escape my throat. More tears rushed out of my eyes. I screamed his name thousands of times, hoping he would wake up—although I knew he wouldn’t.

“Chance,” I let out a shaky breath.

I stayed silent until I saw the masked man appear again.

“You disgust me. I can’t believe anyone would ever do something like that. Why would you kill Chance, Mayson, Emily, and my dog. What the hell is wrong with you!? Do you want me to suffer or something? Because killing them is making everyone suffer. Why don’t you just kill me already!? Stop making me wait!”

“No, I would never kill you. You’re too beautiful for death.” I heard a sinister smile in his voice, and he then walked out of the room, leaving me alone.

I waited in utter darkness for him to return to the room. He came back with a small thing in his hand. I couldn’t make it out, but it shined against the, now dim, lighting above me.

“Sleep nicely, Alexis.”

He knows my name.

Suddenly, I found myself slipping into a deep sleep. Unaware of what was going on whist in my numb state of mind.

(A.N.-Thank you for reading<3)