Summer of Secrets~Chapter three

Emily laid down on my bed, and began to go through my phone. I could see her brown eyes scanning through my phone; her glasses reflected my texts as she read them.

“Emily, don’t go through my phone.” I said, taking it away from her.

“So, who’s Chance?” She asked, raising her eyebrows.

“Uh, new neighbor.”

“You’re going on a date with a new neighbor? How new is he? Girl…you get arooouuund.” I knew she was referring to Mayson.

“Em. Shut up. It’s not a big deal…it’s not even a real date…it’s more like a ‘welcome to the neighborhood’ date.”

“Pft. Suuure it is. So when is it? I want to help pick out your outfit.” She said, walking over to my closet.

“Tomorrow night.” She held a short black dress up to me as I spoke.

            It took us a few hours, but we finally picked out an outfit. She picked out a white tank top with a dirty white small jacket to go over it. My skirt was light blue, with even lighter blue dots on it. There were some small ruffles underneath which made my skirt poof out a little bit. For my shoes, she gave me her girl cowboy boots to use. I had to admit it; it was a pretty cute outfit. It’s not too formal, but it’s not too casual.

“I’ll be over tomorrow to do you hair.” She left before I could answer her.

            I laid down on my bed; ready to fall asleep. I curled up with my very old and raggedy teddy bear that my father gave me. I slowly drifted into a very deep sleep.

            I opened my eyes to see Mayson sitting in front of me. I couldn’t believe it. There is no possible way he could be alive. I saw him being hacked into little tiny pieces by the murderer with the strange tattoo.

“Mayson?” I asked; my voice was shaky with fear.

“How could you?” Mayson asked furiously. He walked closer to me and pulled out an old picture of us. He stared down at it with tears running down his face. “I thought you loved me! But you don’t. You don’t love me anymore!” He yelled, throwing the picture across my room. The frame shattered when it made contact with the wall.

I stared at him in complete shock. “What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about your date with this Chance guy. You forgot about me.” He said; voice softening.

“No!” I yelled. “Mayson. I never forgot about you! I love you, and I never stopped!”

            He lowered his head as someone appeared from the other side of my room. He was dressed in all black, and he had the Egyptian tattoo on his wrist. He walked closer to Mayson, but Mayson didn’t move. I don’t think he even knew the killer was there.

“Mayson!” I screeched, but he stayed frozen as the killer stabbed him in his back. Mayson fell face first down onto my bed. The knife stuck straight out of his back as the blood poured out of the wound.

            I woke up by my own screams, and I was covered in sweat. I was breathing heavily. I looked all around my room; nothing was there. Everything was untouched. No picture frame, no murderer, no Mayson. I slowly got out of my bed, and walked to the shower. I turned on the water and got in. I sat down and cried. I wasn’t ready to date someone else. Mayson was still in my heart; he was never going to leave my heart. I loved him, and I always will.

            I finally started to calm down as the warm water rolled down my body. I turned the water off, and wrapped myself in a towel. Staring at myself in the mirror, I didn’t understand why Mayson or Chance would want to go out with me. I had too many freckles, and I was short. I could barely see myself in the mirror. I could only see from my chin and up. Just as I was about to get lost in thought, I heard something crash to the floor. I quickly got dressed and slowly walked out of my bathroom. I walked into my kitchen; the tiles were cold on my feet. To my surprise my friend Nick was standing in the center of my kitchen.

“Nick! What are you doing here!? Who let you in!?” I yelled at him.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I uh, I left- I think I left something here. And I uh-I wanted to check to see if it was here. Sorry.” He said quickly; face turning a deep shade of red.

I sighed. “It’s fine. Just look for it…and go.”

            He nodded, and without looking for whatever he same here for, he left. I sat down on the kitchen counter. So far this was a very eventful day for me; I wonder how the date is going to go.

(A.N.- If you want me to continue this story, please message me. Thank you! <3)