Summer of Secrets~Chapter fourteen

(A.N.- Sorry for the late upload. Annnnnd this chapter sucks. Sorry<3)

(Alexis’s point of view)

~Present time~

I nervously chewed at my thumb nail. I hated getting into fights with Emily. Since kindergarten we’ve been best friends. We instantly clicked, and we’ve been inseparable since then. But lately she’s been acting out. She gets mad over everything, and overreacts.

My phone started to ring. I ran to it—hoping it was Emily. I sighed when I saw it was Chance.

“Hey,” I answered.

“Hi, um, are you okay?”

“Yeah, sorry about the attitude.”

“What happened?” He was worrying—how cute.

“Come over, then I can explain everything,” I laughed, and before he could answer, I hung up.

Chance showed up to my house ten minutes later. He sat on my bed, and I told him about Emily. Every detail. I don’t think he wanted to hear everything, but I didn’t care at the moment. I told him how so far the entire summer she’s been a bitch.

He kept trying to come up with logical—logical to him—reasons as to why she was acting out.

“Well it’s not really your fault. You were scared,” He tried to comfort me.

“I know, but I just have a bad feeling about this whole thing.” I sighed out.

(Chance’s point of view)

“I know, but I just have a bad feeling about this whole thing.” She sighed out.

We kept talking, but I was in a slight daze the entire time.

I couldn’t deal with her feeling upset. Alexis is special; she doesn’t deserve to be or feel hurt. Alexis was a beautiful person, inside and out.

~~~

When I stepped out of her house into the warm summer air, I felt the need to go back inside and see her again. Recently, I think I may have grown a slight addiction to being with Alexis.

The way her dark brown hair framed her perfect face just right. How she was pale, but had some light brown freckles speckled all over her face. She was shorter than me, and she always looked up at me with that adorable face of hers. Her light brown eyes always glistened when I saw her.

No matter what mood I was in, seeing her, or hearing her automatically made me smile.

She was beautiful, funny, outgoing—yet shy, polite, careful; I could go on for days.

I shoved my hands into my tight jean pockets, and slowly walked away from her house.

I stood in front of my house for a few minutes. I didn’t want to go inside. I wanted to be alone, and have some time to think. I turned around, and just walked.

I walked for about two hours, and I didn’t feel the least bit tired. Whenever I took long walks, I felt instantly relived. Like all the problems in the world subsided.

When I collapsed onto my bed I started to think of Alexis. I couldn’t get her name out of my head. I loved her.

I loved her so much it hurt.

(A.N.- Don't worry, I'll continue with Emily later on. I just wanted to stall for a while. <3 Thanks for reading! :D)