Summer of Secrets~Chapter twelve

(A.N.- Sorry for the switching point of views throughout this chapter)

(Alexis’s point of view)

~Present time~

            “Dad?” I called out squeakily. When he didn’t respond I grew more confidence. “Dad!” I screamed loudly as warm tears began to pour down from my eyes. “Dad!” I screamed again as he rushed into my room. He frantically asked me what’s wrong.

            All I could do was point to the smudge on the wall. After he gave me a puzzled look, I pointed towards the open window.

“Alexis, what happened?”

“Dad, s-someone broke into my room…” I fell into him.

What if it’s the murderer? How does he know where I live? He can now come into my house whenever he wants. He can now get me easily and kill me.

            My mind continued with fearful thoughts, as my father went to call the cops.

~~~

            After a week the cops still have nothing. They have finger prints, and it’s a definite match to Mayson’s murderer. After finding the information out, I looked up the tattoo on line. It took me forever to find it—considering I didn’t know what it was called.

“Ankh…” I said under my breath. I smiled slightly; I felt one step closer to finding out who this bastard is.

            Suddenly my phone began to ring; Emily’s name lit up on the screen.

“Hey,” I answered quietly.

“I’m sorry, Lex!” She shouted. “I feel horrible. I was in a terrible mood that day, and I know that’s no excuse for snapping at you but-“

I cut her off. “No, it’s okay. I missed you too!” I shouldn’t be accepting her apology, but I miss her too much to let this go, and I know she’ll stop trying if I don’t accept it now.

“Can I come over?” Her voice lightened.

“Uhh, yeah.”

“I’ll be right over!” Then her phone clicked off.

(Emily’s point of view)

            I turned on my computer and scrolled through all my pictures. Most of them were me and Alexis. I sighed.

            Ever since I flipped out on her, we haven’t hung out. I don’t really get along with anyone except for her and Nick. And Nick can get boring after a while. He’s a very quiet kid.

            I sighed once more and picked up my phone. The only way I’d be able to get out of this boredom was to make up with her.

“Hey,” She seemed to sigh out. Rude much?

“I’m sorry, Lex! I feel horrible. I was in a terrible mood that day, and I know that’s no excuse for snapping at you but-“

“No, it’s okay. I missed you too!” She cut me off. Thank god. I didn’t really know what else to say.

“Can I come over?” My voice lightened in hope I would get out of this boredom slump.

“Uhh, yeah.” She answered. Oh, thank Jesus!

“I’ll be right over!” I excitedly said as I turned off my phone.

            I ran out of my room, and into the kitchen.

“Hey Dad! I’m going over Alexis’s house, okay?”

            He nodded his head, and I exited my house.

            I was walking out down my block when I saw something through the corner of my eyes. Turning, I saw nothing. I shrugged it off, but began to worry when I heard something. I still couldn’t see anything, so I ran the rest of the way to Alexis’s house.

When I reached her house, I climbed through her bedroom window.

“Emily, why didn’t you come through my front door?” She asked as she sat up from her bed. There was slight panic in her voice.

“Because it’s easy to get through your window.”

“My window was locked…” She stated slowly.

‘Well dur. I know that.”

“Emily, how did you get through?” Her voice was raised and she looked angry, in a scared puppy kind of way.

“I picked the lock.” I plainly said.

“How often do you do this?” She raised her voice again.

“I can’t fucking believe you, Alexis!”

Her face immediately transformed from a scared anger mixture, to surprise. “What?”

(Alexis’s point of view)

            “You think I broke into your house or something. You’re supposed to trust me! I’m your best friend. God, I can’t believe I apologized to you. You’re such a fucking bitch!” She exploded.

I blinked. Not sure how to respond.

“Emily, that’s not what I was thinking.” A slight lie.

“Really?” She walked closer to me, and forced me to stand up. “Then what were you thinking?”

“I, um…” Emily was beginning to scare me. She always had her outbursts—due to her anger issues—but they were never this bad.

“Tell me!”

“Well I don’t know, Emily. You’ve been acting different lately. You haven’t been-“

            I was abruptly cut off by the stinging shock that Emily’s hand made when it made contact with my face. I looked at her in complete and utter awe. Did she really just do that?

            She turned sharply and exited through my window.

(Emily’s point of view)

            I walked angrily back home.

I was about a block away from my house, when I heard the noise I had heard on my way to Alexis’s house. I stopped walking when a tight arm wrapped around me, forbidding me to move any further.

I looked to the side and saw the tattoo Alexis described to me after Mayson died. I started screaming and thrashing.

Something was injected into my arm, and it immediately relaxed me. I quickly fell into a deep and dark sleep.

(A.N.- Thanks for reading, love you all!<3)