Summer of Secrets~Chapter sixteen

(A.N.-sorry for the wait~!)

I’m free., I thought to myself as I stepped into the dark room. Suddenly I walked into something warm and soft. I froze when it grabbed me.

“You’re not going anywhere.” He said sullenly as it pulled me back into the torture room.

He quickly and furiously tied me back to the chair.

“I’m sorry!” I screamed over and over again.

“It’s too late.” He said through gritted teeth.

Before I could process what he was doing, he pulled out a knife and carved something in the palm of my hand. I screamed out in pain. I could feel him smirking through his mask.

“I’m sure you’d like to know who I am, wouldn’t you?” He walked to the other side of the room to get something.

He walked back over to me with a needle in his hand. He slowly and painfully pressed it into my sensitive veins. My vision began to blur, but I could still make things out.

He pulled off his mask and smirked, sending chills down my spine. I couldn’t believe who it was. I opened my mouth to say his name, but my body quickly shut down.

(Chance’s point of view)

I took her hand into mine and looked deeply into her light brown eyes.

“Alexis Ariele,” I started. “I love you.”

Her face lit up, but soon became serious. “Chance Tyler, I love you too.” She kissed me passionately.

I kissed her back for a moment before pulling away. “Alexis, you don’t have to say it just because I did.”

“I wanted to say it.” She smiled softly.

I lightly kissed her, just as her mom walked in. I quickly pulled away and stood up. Judging by the look on her mom’s face, me kissing her daughter was the least of her worries.

“Sweetie,” She whispered softly, tears rising in her eyes.

“What’s wrong, Mom?” Alexis asked cautiously, sitting up straighter.

“Come into the kitchen with me please.” She bit her lip.

“Mom, whatever you need to tell me, you can tell Chance too.” Her voice was strong, but her face was worried.

(Alexis’s point of view)

She was silent. Her eyes were burning red with tears. Her fingers were shaking violently. She looked more worried for me, than herself.

“Your friend, Emily,” She started.

Oh no.

“She went missing.”

“When?” I said a little too loudly.

“Yesterday.”

“No, she was over our house yesterday, Mom.”

“She never went home.”

I looked at Chance, who was awkwardly standing at the edge of my bed.

“There’s going to be a search party for her later,” She continued. “Do you want to come, Alexis?”

“Of course, Mom. She’s my best friend.” I said with a little more attitude than I meant.

“I’ll help too.” Chance finally said something.

“Are you sure, Honey?” Mom asked.

“Yeah, positive.”

“Alright,” She walked out of my room.

“Chance, you don’t have to look for her. I mean you barely even kne-“

“Anything to make you happy, Alexis.” He cut me off, staring into my eyes.

I smiled lightly, although I was extremely worried.

“Don’t worry. We’ll find her.” He assured me.

~~~

“We’re not going to find her.” I leaned on Chance. It was now dark outside. Although we both had flashlights, the atmosphere of the forest freaked me out. Chance held onto me tightly.

“We will.”

“What if she’s hurt?” I squeaked out.

“Emily is a strong girl; she wouldn’t let anyone get away with hurting her.”

I nodded. Chance was right. Emily wouldn’t ever let anyone hurt her.

Chance abruptly stopped walking. I looked up at him curiously.

“Chance, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” He replied quickly. He spun me around, and pulled me in the other direction.

I pulled away from his grip. “Chance,” I said sternly.

“Alexis, come with me.” He replied, just as strong, but from what I could see in the darkness, his eyes were scared and vulnerable.

“No,” I turned around and began to walk back to where we were.

I felt Chance’s arms wrap around my waist. He picked me up, and he began to carry me away. I thrashed around in his arms. I soon began to remember when I was taken captive by the murderer with the ankh tattoo.

I kicked him roughly, but that did nothing against his strong body.

“Chance, I swear to god if you don’t let me down,” I hissed through gritted teeth.

He let go of me.

Maybe I’m overreacting, I thought to myself when I felt my feet hit the ground

“Sorry,” He muttered. “But we need to go somewhere else.”

“Why?” I demanded.

“Just because…” He shook his head nervously.

“Why can’t you just tell me?”

He didn’t respond.

I crossed my arms, and began to walk back to the spot that he didn’t want me to go to. I stopped once I reached the point where he freaked out.

Click, I turned on my flashlight.

I heard Chance walk up behind me.

“Alexis, you don’t want to do this,” He warned softly.

I scanned the trees with my flashlight. As I went through the trees slowly, I grew more anxious. I shined the light on the ground, and closed my eyes. With a deep breath I shined it upward to a tree. I blinked in shock as I saw what Chance didn’t want me to see.

(A.N.-Thanks for reading<3)