Summer of Secrets~Chapter ten

(A.N.- Ugh, I'm reeaaally sorry for the delayed chapter. I know it's short too, but I've been really busy lately. And I usually write at night, and I've been tired. Sorry again, love you all!<3 mwah!)

I elbowed him roughly in his chest. He let out a cough, but quickly regained his strength. His grip tightened around my mouth as I tried to scream; it came out as a tiny gurgle.

By now, tears were pouring down my face. Trying to get out of his hold was pointless; he was so much stronger than me. Suddenly I bit down on his hand, but that just infuriated him. He pushed me down on the floor roughly. As I tried to get up, I felt his strong foot collide with my chest. Air raced out of my lungs as I tumbled back to the floor.

“Please don’t hurt me!” I cried out.

            He just let out a sullen laugh as he walked into another room. I watched him carefully as he reappeared. This time, he had someone else with him. I looked closely, and saw he was holding Chance. My eyes widened in fear.

“No! No don’t hurt Chance! Please don’t hurt him!” Tears were flowing down my face at a rapid pace by now. I didn’t want Chance to die. He couldn’t die on me.

            Chance collapsed right in front of me. I stared at him with wide eyes. I didn’t have any reaction. This wasn’t happening. This couldn’t be happening.

            I picked up the TV remote from the table, and forcefully threw it at the killer’s head. There was a moment when he didn’t move at all. The only movement was the remote cracking on his head and crashing down on the floor.

            Finally he fell too. I sighed in relief as I crawled over to Chance. His breathing was staggered, but at least he was breathing.

“Chance, are you okay?” I whispered softly; hoping he would answer.

            He sat up and took my hand in his. He stared deeply into my eyes, and started to lean in. Just as our lips were about to make contact, Chance fell down again. I looked behind him, and the murderer was there. I shook my head. This couldn’t be real.

~~~

            I sat up with dried tears on my face. I looked around to see nothing there. My living room was completely empty. I pulled my knees to my chest; I was too afraid to fall asleep again. It seemed every time I had a nightmare, it always got worse. First Mayson was re-killed, now Chance was killed. I shook my head and sighed.

            After an hour, I was ready to fall asleep again. I laid down and curled up with my blanket. I was just about to fall into a deep sleep when I heard a light thud coming from the other end of the house; I sat up and listened for more. When I didn’t hear anything else, I slowly walked to my room; the noise came from there.

I turned my light on, but my eyes weren’t ready for it. I had to blink a few times before I was able to see.

            I looked around my room and saw my window was open.

Maybe Dad just opened it to let my room air out. I thought to myself.

            I was about to walk out when I saw something on my wall. There was a handprint smear going down to my floor. Someone was in my room, and just left by jumping out of the window.