Summer of Secrets~Chapter four

I hopped of the counter and looked around for my mom. She was supposed to be home today. I saw a note attached to the fridge that read: Hey sweetie! I took Dunkin to the vet today. He has been very moody lately. I’ll be back later. Hugs and kisses- Mom.

            I crumpled the note up and threw it away just as the doorbell rang. Before I had time to walk to the door; Emily walked right in. She walked straight into my room, and sat down on my bed to wait for me.

“Why didn’t you wait till I answered the door?” I asked a little annoyed.

“It was open.”

I nodded, remembering Nick got in, so it must have been open.

“So, do you want to do your own mascara, or should I do it for you?”

“Uh, listen Em.” I started; sitting down on my bed. “I don’t think I’m gonna go…”

“What?” She shouted, standing up. “You can’t cancel! Why are you going to cancel?”

“Because…” I started, sitting down. “I don’t think I’m over Mayson yet.” I said quietly.

“Well he wasn’t that great anyway…” Emily mumbled, thinking I couldn’t hear her.

“What?”

“Nothing.” She said; putting a sweet smile on her face.

            She stood up and plugged in her straightening iron. She waited till it heated up and started to straighten my hair. Just to humor her; I let her do it. I sighed after about five minutes of pure awkward silence.

“Nick was at my house tod-“ I was cut off mid word when I felt the hot iron push down on my neck. I jumped up, and covered the burned skin with my hand. I stared at Emily in complete shock as she casually leaned against the wall.

“Oops.” Is all she said before pushing me back down onto my bed. She continued to straighten my hair in silence; there was no way I was going to say anything else to make her burn me again.

“Done.” She smiled, admiring her work. She unplugged the iron and took out her makeup.

            It took her about fifteen minutes to finish my makeup, but it turned out great. I was looking in the mirror at my transformed self as Emily came up from behind me.

“Now if we could only do something about that unsightly burn on your neck.” She smirked and turned away.

            I looked at the burn mark; my date was in a few minutes there’s no way I can do anything about it. I sat down on my bed and sighed. Emily sat down next to me, and leaned her head on my shoulder.

“I’m proud of you, Hun.” She brushed the loose strands of hair out of my face. “You look gorgeous! But I have to go. Have fun!” She walked out.

            After five minutes of waiting in anticipation; my mom came into my room to tell me Chance was here. I smiled and answered the door. Chance was wearing a grey and white striped long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and he had some band bracelets on. He had light blue jeans on which were starting to fade a little.

(Chance’s point of view)

            When Alexis opened the door I froze. I have never seen anybody or anything that beautiful before. She smiled at me as she stepped out of her door.

“Let’s go before my mom starts to talk.” She whispered into my ear softly; sending chills through my body. She stood in front of my old truck; eyes slightly wide.

“Is this yours?” She asked; a smile slowly starting to grow on her face.

“Yup.” I said; patting the top of it. I walked over to the passenger side and opened the door for her.

“Thank you.” She smiled; getting in.

            For our date we drove up to a little hill that over looked the town. We both sat on it, but I was a little more daring and let my feet dangle over the edge. She kept asking for me to back up, because she thought I was going to fall over. After about five minutes of silence; I walked over to the hood of my truck and sat down.

“Do you want to play truth or truther?”

“Sure!” She said enthusiastically. I couldn’t get over how beautiful she looked.

“If you could go back in time; what would you change?”

“Uhm…” She started to look uncomfortable. She sat on the hood of my trunk next to me, and leaned her head on my shoulder. “Well…I guess…I would-“

“If you don’t want to tell me, you don’t have to.” I said, wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

“No, I’ll tell you. Just…don’t interrupt.” I nodded as she continued. “Last year…my boyfriend, Mayson, was killed in front of me. I feel like it’s my fault…so I’d change that.”

My heart sunk as she told me her tragic story. “I’m so sorry.” I didn’t know what else to say.

“”Don’t be.” She smiled up at me. Seeing her smile; I couldn’t help but smile back at her.

            We kept going back and fourth for a while with pointless and embarrassing questions. We both asked the stupid questions that fourth graders asked. We both were getting bored, before she asked the one I was dreading for her to ask.

”What’s your biggest regret?”

            My heart started to beat faster. I couldn’t tell her what happened last year. She wouldn’t like me anymore if she knew. I didn't realize how long I zoned out for. As I was finishing up my flashbacks, Alexis interrupted me. "Uhm, Chance?" she said in a slightly worried voice, "You okay?"

“Oh, uh yeah, I’m fine." I said confused of what was happening.

"Well, what's your biggest regret?" She hadn’t forgotten about what we were talking about; like I hoped she did.

"Um, I don't believe in regrets." Alexis looked confused but interested

"What do you mean?"

“What’s the point in regretting? You can’t fix it.”

            She thought for a while before she nodded. She looked up at the darkening clouds.

“I think its going to rain.” She said as it started to rain. She laughed and stood up as it came heavily down on us.

“I’m sorry.” I sighed.

“Why are you sorry?” She asked; starting to spin around.

“Because…this isn’t how I expected our first date to go.”

”Well, I think it’s perfect.”

“Why?”

            She walked up close to me, and pulled me into a breathless kiss.

(A.N.- sorry for the late update!<3 Thanks for reading, love you all!<3)