Summer of Secrets~Chapter seven

(Chance’s point of view)

            I kissed her lips softly. “I’ll see you later.” I said right before I walked home. I walked into my little room and took off my band bracelets, revealing the tattoo I had gotten a year ago. I looked down at it, not sure if it made me feel remorse or happiness. I loved the way the tattoo looked, but the memories it made me think of were terrible.

 (Alexis’s point of view)

            I just finished straightening my hair when Ainsleigh walked into my room.

“Hey little cousin!” She said, sitting down on my bed. “So when’s your boyfriend getting here?”

“He should be here soon.” I said, checking the time. “But please don’t embarrass me. Please!”

She just rolled her eyes and laughed in response. Just then Chance walked in, and suddenly things got really awkward.

“Chance?” Ainsleigh said standing up. “You’re her boyfriend?”

Chance nodded awkwardly.

“You two know each other?” I asked slowly.

“Yeah…” Chance replied.

“I’m not trying to be rude…” Ainsleigh walked over to him.” But you shouldn’t date him.” Were her final words before roughly pushing Chance out of the way and leaving.

“Um, I’m sensing something bad happened between you?”

Chance sighed and sat down. “Kinda…”

“What happened?”

“Long story.” He sighed.

“I have time. Now tell me.” I said simply.

He then began to tell me what happened with Ainsleigh. He told me how they met, how they liked each other, and how soon that likeness turned into hatred. All because of one stupid mistake.

(Chance’s point of view)

~Few months ago~

            “She’s a fucking skank.” I said, taking a long drag.

Moretti took the pot out of my hand and took a drag as well. “Come on man. She can’t be that bad.”

“She is.”

“What’d she do?”

“She’s going to fucking take Mom’s place. She’s such a whore.”

“Dude, you gotta calm down. You get pissed really easily.”

            I rolled my eyes, and laid back into the grass. Staring up at the faded blue sky always seemed to calm me down. Something about how open everything was made me feel so comfortable. But this time it wasn’t working. I was so worked up about how that woman was in my house taking the place of my mother. I hated her. I hated her so much. It was just a matter of time before I snapped…

            “Hey, Ainsleigh?” I asked when she picked up her phone,

“Hello there, Chance. What’s up?”

“Nothing, are you busy right now?”

“No,” She started. “Why, what do you have in mind?”

“Come over and you’ll see.” I smirked; even though she couldn’t see.

“Be there in five.” And with that, she hung up.

            As soon as she arrived at my house; we immediately began to have sex. I always said I would never have sex with the same person more than once, but we could both use each other. She needed to make her ex boyfriend jealous, and I needed to get my mind off of the whore my dad was fucking with. Ainsleigh was a cool girl; she didn’t mind the whole ‘friends-with-benefits’ thing we had going for us. We both knew it wouldn’t last for very long, but we would have fun while it lasted.

            After we finished, a wave of guilt ran over me. I felt terrible using her the way I was, but I shouldn’t. Ainsleigh was using me too; why did I feel bad? I sighed and stared at myself in the bathroom mirror. My innocent eyes didn’t match the terrible decisions I kept making. I liked what I did when I was doing it, but as soon as it was over I hated myself for doing it. Just thinking about it made me want to go smoke. I was a terrible person.

            I started to walk downstairs when I suddenly encountered the drunken man that took over my father’s body. Every time my dad drank, he turned into this beast. I was pushed against the wall before I was brutally slapped across my face.

“You fucking dick. You ruin everything.” He slurred before hitting me again. I didn’t know what I did, but I thought it would be better to let him beat me than to fight back. If I did, who knows what else he’d do to me.

            First he just hit and kicked me, but he then grew tired of that. He threw me to the floor, and began to kick me. He kicked me in my stomach which in turn, made me cough violently. He then yawned and walked away like he hadn’t just beaten his only son. I looked in the bathroom mirror again. The damage wasn’t that bad. My lip was split and I had a red mark on my face from when he slapped me, which was already fading slightly. I had a few bruises on my stomach from when he kicked me, but it could have been worse. I shouldn’t complain.

I’ll be fine. It’s not a big deal. I thought silently to myself as my lip kept bleeding.

            I shook my head angrily. He hasn’t been like this for a while, but as soon as Melanie came into his life, he’s been drinking way too often. There was no way I was going to let that bitch stay with my dad.

            The next day none other than Melanie was over our house. My eyes filled with rage as well as fear. I looked down at my tattoo.

This is for Mom. I thought, approaching Melanie.

(A.N.- Sorry for the late upload. Love you all!<3)