Summer of Secrets~Chapter eight

(A.N.- Sorry for the late update. This chapter isn't very good, and it's quite short. Sorry<3)

(Alexis’s point of view)

~Present time~

            He shook his head when he finished. “I’m sorry.”

“Chance, don’t be sorry. That was a while ago.”

“Thank you, for not being mad.”

I smiled at him when Dunkin walked in. He walked straight up to Chance and bit him. Chance pulled away in pain, as Dunkin proudly walked out of the room.

“Oh my god, Chance! Are you okay?” I took his hand, which was bleeding.

“Yeah.” He said, clenching and unclenching his fist. “But I think I should go. See you later.” He smiled and kissed my forehead. Then he left.

            I let out a long sigh. Why did Dunkin do that? I pulled out my phone and texted Emily and Nick to come over. About a half an hour later both Emily and Nick showed up.

“Where’s Dunkin?” Emily asked, sitting down on my bed.

“Ugh. Don’t even ask about him,” I started. “He’s been in a bad mood lately. Biting like everyone.”

Just the Dunkin came back into my room. “Aww, Dunkin wouldn’t do that!” She said, walking up to him. “Dunkin’s a good boy. You’re a good boy!” She said in a squeaky baby voice. As she went to pet him, Dunkin bit her hand. She screamed and backed away.

“Dunkin just bit me!” She kicked him slightly and sat on my bed. “Your dogs a dick!”

“I told you he’s been biting people!”

“Get him out!” She shouted; tears were forming in her eyes.

            I went to pick him up when he threatened to bite me too. Thankfully he left on his own.

“Ha!” Emily said through her tears. “He almost bit you too.”

“Do you want an ice pack?”

“That’s not gonna do shit!”

“Sorry…”

“But I’ll have a band aid, Neosporin, and Advil.” She smirked at me.

“Are you okay?” I heard Nick ask as I left.

I walked into the kitchen and asked my mom to get the stuff Emily needed. After she handed everything to me, she asked why I needed it.

“Dunkin bit Emily. He also bit Chance…and almost bit me…”

“Oh lord. I’m sorry baby. Tell Emily I said sorry.”

“Kay.” I smiled and walked back into my room.

“Here ya go!” I handed her everything she asked for. “My mom said sorry.”

“She should be. Your dog almost killed me!” She put the band aid on sloppily.

“He didn’t almost kill you.” Nick defended me. Now that I thought about it; Nick hasn’t talked much this whole time.

“Whatever.” Was Emily’s comeback.

            We sat in an awkward silence for about ten more minutes. Suddenly my stomach started to growl extremely loudly, breaking the silence. Emily and Nick burst out laughing at my random digestive noises.

“Hungry?” Nick asked, still laughing.

“I’m going to get pudding. Do you guys want any?

“No. My hand is still throbbing, so I don’t have much of an appetite right now.” Emily rudely said.

“Nick?”

“No, I’m good.”

“Well now I feel fat.” I joked as I got my pudding, and sat back down on my bed. Emily walked over and stuck her finger in it.

“Uhh...ew?”

“I wanted a taste.” She said simply. She licked her finger and sat down at my computer.

“Emily, you sure you don’t want anything to eat?”

“I told you I’m not hungry!” She snapped.

            Emily came out of her terrible nasty mood after about a half an hour. We all talked for a good hour before they both had to leave. That night I went into a peaceful sleep. Everything was good, but I had this nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach telling me something was wrong.

            I woke up the next morning by my mom shaking me roughly. I slowly peeled my eyes open, and sat up. “What, Mom?” I practically growled at her for waking me up this early. It was about six in the morning.

“I’m sorry baby. But…um. I don’t know how to say this, but Dunkin is…gone.”

I sat up feeling much more awake now. “What do you mean he’s gone?”

“He’s in a better place now sweetie.” Mom said. Trying not to cry made her voice whiny.

“What? When did this happen? How did this happen!?”

“Um, I’m not sure yet. But your father is going to take him to someone to figure out what killed him. I’m so sorry.” She said. She kissed my head and left my room. I can’t believe it.

            With my eyes foggy from tears; I took out my phone and called Emily. I knew she stays up really late, so she shouldn’t mind.

She answered on the fourth ring. “Hey, girl! What are you doing up so late?”

“Um,” I cleared my throat and sniffled. “I just woke up.”

“Why?” She asked in disgust.

“Dunkin died…” I squeaked out.

“Oh…” Was all she replied. I thought she was going to say more, but she stayed silent. I heard her typing away on her computer after a few seconds.

“I knew it!”

”What?” She asked in surprise.

“I knew you wouldn’t care. You never care if anything bad happens to me, Emily.”

“Alexis! Where is this coming from? I never said I didn’t care if anything bad happens to you! I was there for you when Mayson was fucking killed! And I’m sorry that your fucking dog died. I’m sorry that there are bigger things I should be worrying about then your life. You always seem to have these sob stories. Oooohhhh yeah your life is just soooo terrible. What about my life!? You think it’s perfect!? Well let me tell you something, Alexis. It’s fucking not!” And with that, she hung up.

            I stared at my phone in utter shock. Did that really just happen?

~~~

            Later that day, Mom came back into my room.

“We found out.” She said, sitting on my bed.

I moved my feet out of the way so there was room. “What killed him?” I asked anxiously.

“Dunkin was poisoned.”

(A.N.- Should I continue with this? And who do you think the killer is? Thanks for reading<3 (: Love you all!

~Cassi)