Summer of Secrets~Chapter nineteen

(A.N.-Sorry for the late update! But this chatper is horrible. I just felt like I needed to update so It's very much rushed. My apologies. <3)

“Wait,” I spoke to Chance. I stared at his face as his body froze.

“What?” He asked with a slight hint of fear in his tough voice.

“There’s a little spider on your face,” I went to get it off, when he started to scream. “Calm down!” I yelled, laughing, as he desperately tried to get the tiny spider off of his face.

It finally fell to the ground, and I stepped on it quickly. I looked at Chance as he tried to catch his breath. I laughed hysterically at him, and he blushed lightly.

“Aw, are you afraid of spiders?” I tried to hold in my laughter—it didn’t work.

“Yes,” He sighed out, and hid his face slightly.

“Don’t be embarrassed! I have awkward fears too.” I smiled.

“Like what?”

I thought for a while. I didn’t really have any irrational fears. I kept trying to think of anything that could be more cliché than spiders. Nothing came to mind.

“Uh,” I thought more. “Roller coasters.” I pretended to shiver. “Terrifying.” I shook my head.

He laughed and playfully pushed me down.

(Chance’s point of view)

I laid on Alexis’s bed calmly as she laughed. Her face began to redden, and her eyes watered intensely with every breath she wasn’t taking in. It’s easy to make her laugh. Although she looked as though she was going to pass out, I couldn’t get over how beautiful she was. Her eyes were perfect, her mouth was perfect, her nose was perfect, her hair was perfect, her hands were perfect, everything was perfect. She was perfect.

She rested her head on my chest as she tried to catch her breath. That was the second time I made her laugh that day. I loved her laugh. It was adorable; like her.

“You’re adorable, did you know that?” I asked her when she caught her breath.

Her face reddened again and she giggled. “You’re not too bad yourself.” She looked up at me and winked.

I rolled my eyes jokingly and held her close to me. I loved the way she made me feel. Just the thought of her made a million butterflies set flight in my stomach and chest.

She held my hand and interlocked our fingers. We both smiled down at our hands, and I kissed her head softly.

“I love you,” I whispered softly to her.

“I love you too…Chancie.” She giggled softly to herself.

“You think you’re funny, don’t you?” I joked.

“No, I don’t think I’m funny. I know I’m hilarious.” She smirked.

“Yes, you should have your own comedy show.”

“I know, I know.”

We sat in a comfortable silence before she looked up at me again.

“Why are you afraid of spiders?”

“It’s a long story.” I said just because I didn’t feel like explaining.

“I have time.” She retorted.

“Fine,” I sighed. “When I was little I had a sleepover with my best friend, and I woke up to find spiders all over my body. He said it was a joke, but ever since then they creep me out.”

“How old were you?”

“Seven,”

“That’s horrible! But it wasn’t a long story, lair.” She smiled.

“Hey, it’s my traumatic moment; it can be as long or short as I want it to be.” I chuckled and rested my hands on the back of my head.

(Alexis’s point of view)

I just remembered I wanted to tell Chance what happened to my dad as he left. I watched him leave my house and sighed lightly.

I shouldn’t annoy him with my home life. He probably has bigger things to worry about other than me.

“How’s Dad doing?” I walked up to my mom.

“He’s getting better.” She smiled brightly.

“Really?” I perked up.

“Yes, his body is now safely taking in the medicine, and he’s already feeling better.”

“When can he come home?”

“They want to keep him another night just in case.”

“Just in case what?”

“In case he rejects the medicine again.”

“Ugh,” I sighed deeply. “That’s stupid.”

“No it’s not, Alexis.” Mother spoke firmly with me.

“Yeah, you’re right, Mom. You are always right.”

She shot me a glare before getting up and walking away.

(A.N.-Yeah, this is all just fluff writing ahaha. Buuuuttttt I needed to update. And sorry that it changes point of view a lot. aaahh sorry<3. Well thanks for reading, love you all<3)