Summer of Secrets~Chapter thirteen

(Chance’s point of view)

~Few months ago~

This is for Mom. I thought, approaching Melanie.

            She smiled up at me, but it soon faded when she saw the murder in my eyes. She opened her mouth to call for my dad, but she was too slow. I quickly shut her up by punching her right in the jaw. I heard a crackling noise, followed by her painful cry that seemed to shoot out at me.

“Chance!” My father roared. He tried; he tried to pull me away from Melanie. I struggled out of his grip and turned to him.

“No! Shut up!”

“What?” Dad asked in shock.

“Shut the fuck up!”

“Do not talk to me that way, Chance. I did not raise you to curse!”

“Oh cut the crap.” His face seemed to go emotionless. “You barely raised me. You were never home! You ever cared about me at all! You just wanted Mom to love you.” I said, venom dripping from every single word I spoke.

“You little fucker,” He muttered under his breath.

I felt his fist collide with my jaw. I pushed him down to the ground and kicked him in his stomach.

Then his ribs.

Then his stomach again.

Then, feeling a little daring, his face.

The sound of his nose cracking made me cringe. Blood exploded from his nose all over the floor. Melanie was crying in fear behind me, so I turned back to her.

“You ruined everything! You little slut!” I spit out at her.

She shook her head in confusion. “What-what did I do, Chance?”

“Shut up!” I slapped her in her face.

Right now I felt so much anger inside me. I was ready to unleash the angry beast that I had been holding in my body all those years. I knew I would regret it later, but then I didn’t care. I needed to make him suffer. He deserved it. The way he’s been treating me all these years.

“Chance?” Ainsleigh called out. She must have just walked into my house. I forgot I had invited her over.

I didn’t care if she was there or not. I turned to my dad and kept hitting him. Just like the way he hit me when I was younger.

“Chance! Stop it!” Ainsleigh tried to pull me away from my dad. I turned to her, and I hit her. My eyes widened as I saw her arm glow bright red.

“Ainsleigh…” Suddenly all the anger in my body drained out, and was now replaced with an immense amount of remorse.

“Never talk to me again!” She shouted through her teeth and stormed out of my house.

“Chance, you little fucker!” Dad growled at me as he stood up, holding his nose.

I quickly grew dizzy. Had I really just done that? I shot Melanie a guilty look. She looked back at me with fear in her eyes.

My vision blurred with hot tears. They rolled down my face at a speed quicker than light. I shook my head.

“Dad, I’m so sorry.” My eyes were wide. I still couldn’t see.

I heard the phone dialing, and I sat on the couch next to Melanie. She put a hand on my back and shot me a sheepish smile. I looked at her.

“I’m so sorry…” I spoke slowly.

She nodded and got up—walking to my father I guessed.

I hung my head in shame

My dad walked back over to me.

“You have two options.”

I looked up at him.

“One, I call the cops on you. Or two, you go live with Uncle Roger.”

I stood up quickly. “You’re kicking me out?”

“Pick.” He said through his teeth.

“Uncle Roger.”

(A.N.- Sorry this is short. Annnnd did you guys forget about this? Sorry for hopping back and forth with things, but whatever :P. Thanks for reading<3 (: Who do you guys think the murderer is?)