A 'Behind The Scenes' 2/2

This one is a little bit different, but bear with it. It was in the early stages of development, before I thought up Maldus and his plotline. This is just another interesting part of my writing process.

And this was how the story could have been. (it's also kind of fun showing what Link was thinking through it all)

AthenaKalos, thanks again for the inspiration for this whole thing! I owe you one!

-_-_-

Link had been searching for her since he was small. The girl of his dreams. Not like the ones in those romance novels. No. Literally, the girl that always appeared in his dreams. Unfortunately that girl was never fully visible to him. He knew all the stories. The bearer of the Triforce of Courage and the Triforce of Wisdom would one day be needed to banish the evil. The evil being the one who wielded the Triforce of Power.

He had known that she would be hard to find, but the dreams were getting more and more insistent and he couldn't deny that he needed to find her.

His own school might have seemed like strange place to look for a princess, but he felt like he was in the right place. He searched for a month after the school year started. He had found the girl who had the name of the princess all right...and yet...how could that girl possibly be the one he was looking for? She was bullied by nearly all of the popular kids.

But as he continued to watch her he realized that she was the best candidate for the possibility of the princess.

She was impossibly smart...like the wielder of the Triforce of Wisdom was bound to be. But why would a princess be attending a high school like his?

-_-_-

Link mentally berated himself. He wasn't supposed to reveal himself to her. He was just supposed to help from the sidelines as he had always done... but that time he couldn't help himself. "Leave her alone." He warned as he raised his bow.

He didn't regret shooting that kid's backpack, though he would have preferred to shoot the leader in the face after what he had done to Zelda the day before.

Zelda soon got her revenge on him though, and he couldn't help but smile as she did. She was shaping up to really become the girl of his dreams.

-_-_-

Just keep lying, he told himself as he tilted his head to the side. "Your parents hired me." Just keep lying. "I'm your new bodyguard." he told her.

-_-_-

Unable to stay away from her, he infiltrated her home, and even took out some nasty little intruders who might have wanted to do her harm. It wasn't until she had responded to his telepathic call that he was truly convinced that Zelda was the true Princess he had suspected her to be. After all, only those of the line could use such a power.

He had helped her without thinking, knowing she could have gotten into trouble without his intrusion. And...so far she hadn't caught on to his lies. As long as he kept to the shadows, and she didn't ask anyone about it...he would be fine.

She would be fine.

He would protect her.