Meetings (35)

Link folded his hands behind his back as he watched Aamina talk with the Zora. Things were working smoothly so far.

Then he spotted a lone Zora standing off to the side like Link himself was standing away from everything. He walked over and held up a hand in greeting. "Hey."

The Zora jumped slightly and looked over at him. "H-hey?"

"You alright?"

"Y-yes of course. What makes you say that?" This Zora's voice was rather higher pitched than the other Zora's voices. Leading Link to believe that it was a girl.

"Well you're off over here and you haven't removed your helmet."

"Well... you were off on your own as well."

"Yes, but now I'm over here," he said as he tilted his head to the side. "I'm Link," he introduced, holding out his hand again.

The Zora seemed to stare, but then removed the helmet slowly. Definitely a female. Then she put it in his outstretched hand.

Link started to laugh at the blatant misunderstanding, but he stopped himself quickly. He cleared his throat and then shook his head as he set the helmet beside him on a large rock. "Have you never heard of a handshake before?"

"... No?"

He smiled as he held his hand out again. "You do the same."

The Zora followed his action and held out her hand.

He grasped it and then shook it up and down. "That's a handshake. It's a greeting humans use."

"... I see."

"So what's your name?"

"Ma'an."

"Nice to meet you Ma'an," he said. "Can I ask you something, Ma'an?"

"If you want." She seemed to be relaxing as he lead the conversation.

"How did Zelda convince you to join the fight?"

Ma'an turned towards him and tilted her head to the side somewhat as she examined him. "Did she not tell you herself?"

"I haven't seen her since she left to talk to your people."

"Well... the Zora weren't exactly thrilled to meet a Hylian. So many stories had been told about them through the generations that we weren't exactly sure what to do. She told us that she was only there to talk to whoever was in charge. We agreed to her request of meeting... and I would say half of the city turned up to listen to her talk. Our princess was very interested in what she had to say. Our king did not believe her at all. He had Zelda thrown into the dungeons."

"What?" Link said, startled. Why hadn't she escaped then like she said she would?

"But then the king started to hear a voice... a voice that convinced him that the human of Hyrule was telling the truth after all. Our princess took the place of the king in the talks with the human. Zelda was brought out of the dungeon and explained to us what was happening, and what we could do to help it all, and the benefits to helping. She explained just who she was... and who you were. Then she set up the meeting and went through her circle of light... the magic she called a portal."

"To go to the Gorons?"

"She didn't say."

"... she didn't?"

<::::::::::{}0 

Aamina nodded as she bowed her head to the Goron Chieftain, and then she turned to the Zora princess. "Then it is all in order?"

"It is," Ru'an, the princess, replied.

"It is," Chieftain Duroal replied.

"What about Zelda? Where is she if not with the Gorons?" Link asked.

Duroal turned to Link and dipped his head. "The human Princess is currently preparing the last part of her plan. The wisest human I will ever meet; that girl."

Link sighed, frustrated. "Does everyone but me know the pla-" he started to say, but as he did a bright light appeared. He stared. It was one of Zelda's portals. A note fell out, and right before it vanished a pen flew out of it as well.