To End it All (38)

The door literally exploded off of its thick hinges as Zelda used her magic to obliterate their obstacle. Both her and Link ran into the still burning room, passing by the wreckage of the door.

A deep laugh reverberated through the throne room. "How kind of you both to present yourselves to me. All this time waiting for my painfully useless slaves to bring you here... and yet here you now stand. Precisely where I wanted you all along." 

After all the planning and preparation for that moment... there he was. But he was nothing like Zelda had been expecting. Not that she knew what she had been expecting.

"So you're Ganon."

"Correct," he replied. Which was quite the feat because Zelda honestly didn't know where his mouth was. Where a body should have been solid... he most certainly was not. Where a villain should have had red eyes... he didn't seem to have two that matched. Where even a normal monster would have had some from of legs... he seemed to have just a cloud of white and black smoke.

"How'd you get that Zel... he's nothing like what Ganon is supposed to be."

"Well for one, look down at your hand," Zelda said lightly.

Link looked down at his hand clutching the sword and he controlled a gasp. All three of the triangles were filled in with gold.

"Triforce of Power, which means it must be Ganon."

"Smart girl. Must just be the Triforce in you. Soon to be in me."

"In your creepy little nightmares," Zelda spat. "We're not here to give up our pieces of the Triforce. We're here to end you."

An evil chuckle reverberated around the room. Deep...resonating... bone chilling... "You know nothing of nightmares little princess. Just a small girl trying to live out her life free of her cage. Thriving on adrenaline; enjoying the danger." The flames on the walls suddenly leaped high and licked the ceiling, and then they began to change color. Scenes flashed through the fire, scenes depicting Zelda sneaking into the forest outside of her mansion, training with her mentors, taking out the bullies with just a pen. The tussle with the thugs behind the convenience store, being captured by the Zora, then the Gerudo, and escaping with a grin on her face.

"And you," Ganon continued as whatever the heck he was shifted slightly through the air and seemed to be facing Link, all of his eyes pointed straight at the hero. The flames on the walls turned black and red, casting a scary glow on both of the Hylians. "I've got so much on you this could take me all day."

Link's fingers tightened on the hilt of his sword. "I know what a nightmare is," he spat.

"Then you know just what I'll show...don't you."

His face seemed to drain of all color.

Another room shaking laugh. "Ahhh, you do know... Let's see it then... Little hero."

Link stepped back as a flash of red overtook the flames, showing a house burning in the middle of a dark, dark night. A face, and a hand held out. Then the picture shifted to that of Link looking younger, and holding a gun. The view panned around Link to show a kneeling figure with a bag over his head. Maldus was there, pointing at different parts of the bagged victim. The flames flashed bright and the scene changed to that of Link kneeling on the ground, blood dripping down from a cut on is cheek, and a dark, towering presence leaning over him. The flames burned black all around as a solitary picture in front of her glimmered and shifted. It was that of Maldus and Link.

"She trusts me," she heard... that was Link's voice. It was... It was his voice. Maldus laughed from the flames. "This is going better than I had hoped. Use that trus-"

"Enough!" Link yelled, slashing his sword through the air to emphasize his shout.

"Heh heheh, hah hah ahah! Do you not see it now? It's impossible for you children to defeat me. You are not heroes. This is who you really are."

Link took a step forwards but Zelda held out her hand. "No!" she yelled. "No!" she repeated as she threw down her hand. "You are wrong Ganon. You are so wrong. In fact-" She stopped and lowered hands, then grasped something that she couldn't see. "-you're dead wrong," she finished as she raised a brilliant bow from literally out of nowhere, and loaded it with the only arrow.

A laugh rang out through the room. "You think I'm afraid of your courageous words? Your ancient little toy? You've got one shot."

"I don't care whether you're afraid or not! I'm the one with the wisdom to know who's going to win," she spat. Go Link! Distract him NOW! she yelled as she ran to a different position.

Link didn't hesitate. He didn't know what Zelda was planning, but he didn't question her. He raised his sword and shield and charged.

Ganon shot something out of his eyes and Link held fast to his shield as he was blown back by the force of the magic. More shots came, and Link's shield was blown out of his grip. One more shot, and it struck Link in the chest. He went flying and hit one of the pillars.

Laughter erupted and echoed around the room. "You're dead."

"Wrong," Link said as he got to his feet. He staggered slightly but then shook it off. He ran forwards again and slashed at one of the eyes. His sword went through nothing.

"You should be dead from that!"

"A little fairy gave me a power," Link spat as he slashed again. Zel I can't hit him!

Hold on! Zelda yelled as she watched with hope starting to fail. Wait! Just aim for the eyes!

Link slashed his sword again and caught one of them. His sword shuddered as Ganon jerked, showing half of his back, and floated backwards away from the sword shrieking in pain.

Her suspicion was confirmed, and her eyes widened as she saw a pure white eye hiding on Ganon's back. There's always a weak spot... and it was usually a big eye. She held up her bow, and time seemed to slow down for everyone. She pulled back on the string as she aimed directly for Link's back.

"Ganon, you should be afraid because this; this is who we are!" She yelled, the last three words emphasized as she released the string. The arrow flew through the air, soaring directly towards Link, but right before it struck him it vanished through one of her portals.

A bone chilling shriek made Zelda drop the bow and try to cover her ears. Link was likewise effected. He threw himself to the side as part of the ceiling collapsed and almost fell directly on top of him.

Did you get him? Link yelled with his mind.

Zelda looked up at the darkness, which was shrinking by the second... and not in a very pretty way. The dark outline of the horrid creature was dripping something horrible out of it's translucent skin. It fell to the ground as the smoke supporting it vanished. All of the eyes on it's body were wide open and each one seemed to be screaming. Her eyes found the arrow; embedded in the pure white eye socket on the creatures back. The eye was leaking a shining substance that was even more disturbing than if blood was pouring from it. I did! Finish him off!

Link staggered forwards, still disorientated by the shriek, but he plunged his sword deep into the only parts of Ganon that seemed to be corporeal... his eye. With one final flourish, white blood flinging off of the tip of the sword, Link stabbed down right next to the light arrow, completely destroying that horrible white eye.

Link! Come on we've gotta go!! This whole room is collapsing! Zelda shrieked with her mind as large rocks fell from their fittings in the ceiling.

Link left his sword where it was next to the arrow and ran over to her. He grabbed her hand as she raised the other one and then they both leaped through the portal.