Chapter 38

{Jacey's P.O.V.}

I stayed in my spot on the stairs and listened carefully. I couldn't actually hear a lot of what was going on, because it was really just my parents (mostly my mom) screaming at June.

One of the worst things to have to listen to is a fighting family. I decided I didn't want to listen, so I went up to my  room.

I sat on my bed and tried listening to music. With full volume in my headphones I could still hear them.

Before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face. I hate listening to them fight. This is holiday break, we're supposed to all be together doing family stuff.

Part of me is kind of mad at June. I get that she's probably in a panic right now, but couldn't she just waited until the END of break?

A text from Christian interrupted my thoughts.

Christian💘- Heeeey

-Hey ik this is random but can I come over pretty please😟

Christian💘- Yeah sure is everything okay???

-I'll explain when I see you. Meet halfway?

Christian- Yeah but hurry I don't want you out alone too long

I changed out of what I had been wearing into a sweatshirt, leggings, and flip flops. It was freezing outside but I didn't want to deal with clonky boots.

I went in the bathroom to run a brush through my hair, but saw that my face looked horrible. I decided to just finger comb my hair, followed by quickly taking off all my makeup.

I went out in the hallway one more time to see if they were still going at it. Nothing changed.

After going into my room again I made sure to turn off the lights and close my door, so if anyone wondered, I was asleep.

I went over to my window and opened it as quietly as I could. Luckily, my window just has a short drop to the back patio, but to avoid noise I stepped on the railing and lowered myself.

In the midst of all this I realized this is kind of my first time sneaking out. Obviously I'm not trying to go do anything bad, I really needed to get out of there.

I started on my way towards Christian's, trying to walk as fast as I could since it's only 23 degrees.

After about  three minutes, I saw Christian's silhouette against the street lights. He ran up to me and gave me a big hug, losing me tight.

"Is everything okay? Do you need to stay over for the night?" he could tell I'd been crying.

"Let's just talk when we get back to your house." I said.

In two minutes we were at Christian's house.  We walked in the front door and his parents greeted me. His parents aren't that strict about friends coming over.

We went to his room and sat down on the bed. In no time I told Christian everything that had happened since he left, remembering to include my apology.

He pulled me into a tight hug and we sat like that for a few minutes. Eventually, breaking us apart, he made me face him. He moved my hair away from my face and looked at me.

"I love you." he said, almost at a whisper. "And don't get worked up about the whole June thing, everything will work out I promise."

"I love you too. Thanks for everything."

Sorry this is short ahhhhhhhhhhhh anyway pretty please remember to vote it means a lot :-)

ALSO I didn't even realize until like last week, this story has passed its 1 year anniversary which was February 12th!! so I'm like a month late on that sorry but if you've been reading since then (I have lolol) thanks!! keep it up and share!!! yippee!!!!! ily guys