Chapter 21-

{Christian's P.O.V.}

Did I make a fool of myself, or did I look...

I don't know...

Manly-ish?

I couldn't tell.

I don't know what to even think or what I was thinking in the first place, I was just helping.

Jacey didn't look mad, but she didn't look very happy.

More of shocked and upset.

We awkwardly walked out of the school, I can feel eyes looking at us with every step we took.

The ride home was silent, other than my parents asking the usual questions,

"How was the dance?"

"Did you have fun?"

"Did you all dance together?"

And Jacey did all the talking, fearing I would tell what really happened.

Yes, we danced together.

Yes, we had lots and lots of fun.. Or I did at least.

But the dance itself ended a bit rocky and uneasy.

I walked Jacey out to her front porch, thinking of what to say.

"I had a wonderful time tonight, Christian." She smiled that million dollar smile.

"I'm glad I could make your night wonderful." I said, hoping that was the right thing to say.

Which must have been.

She leaned in to kiss me on the cheek, and I turned my face towards her so she'd kiss me on the lips.

Classic trick, works every time.

She laughed and shook her head.

"Thanks for I don't know.. Saving me tonight?"

"Wouldn't want anything happening to my queen now, would I?"

"Christian Akridge, you're a cheesy dude.. But I like you." She smiled.

A little?

A lot?

"I like you a whole lot, and I'm glad we're on good terms now. Goodnight Christian." She waved, closing the door behind her.