Chapter 24-

{Christians P.O.V.}

we stayed quiet, neither of us speaking a word because neither of us knew what to say.

Jacey sat on the ground of her bedroom floor, her back against her bed, her head between her hands.

I sat next to her, my heart breaking at every quiet sob that softly left her mouth.

she didn't deserve this.

"Jacey?" I finally spoke up after at least twenty minutes of straight silence.

When she didn't respond I let out a sigh of frustration.

"Jacey, look at me." I said softly.

When once again I didn't receive a respond I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

without hesitation I sat up so I could move in front of her.

I stayed on my knees as I peeled her hands away from her face.

My heart broke in pieces as I stared at the broken girl in front of me.

Her beautiful eyes where dull and watery.

Her nose red and her cheeks matching the color. I felt horrible.

"Shit....Jacey." I slowly said, my voice came out as a whisper.

I let go of one of her wrists go so I could reach my hand out, running my knuckles slowly against the smooth skin of her jaw.

She was so so beautiful, yet so misunderstood at this point.

Why, why out of all the girls did the school focus in on the innocent freshman who got caught in the wrong place, at the wrong time?

She didn't deserve to be talked about, the profanity people where saying about her at school made me sick. And, to see that it had this much of an effect on her made my emotions go wild.

"I'm so sorry this happened." I whispered, now running my fingers up to brush away some tears. She slowly leaned into my touch, staying quiet.

My fingers roamed down her face until I touched her lips, My thumb slid over her bottom lip and I couldn't ignore the hitch in her breath.

Our eyes never left each other's.

"You're beautiful Jacey." I breathed before leaning in and removing my thumb to replace it with my own lips.

The moment our lips connected I felt pure bliss but it was cut off shortly by her shaky hands coming to press at my chest.

Our lips disconnected and I felt lost.

"I think you should leave." She said, her voice was low and shaky and I felt my heart drop.

No, no.

She thought it was my fault didn't she, she thought I said something.

"Jacey, I did-" my words where cut off.

"Christian, please go." She said quietly. Her voice cracked and tears brimmed her eyes.

"No." I said simply. I needed to stay, I needed to see her pain go away before I could leave.

"Go!" She yelled, stunning me. after the words left her mouth she broke down, tears spilling from her eyes.

"Just leave, go, go..." She began pounding lightly at my chest.

Her words stated our strong and so did her punches but slowly sobs took over her words and the pounding started to slow until her hands rested on my chest. Her breath was ragged and tears poured from her eyes.

My chest clenched and I felt my stomach drop. I hated them, every single person who did this, who talked about her, I hated them.

I grabbed her wrists from my chest and pulled her forward so her body fell into mine. She struggled to push away at first but slowly gave in and rested into me.

My arms cradled her body and one hand reached up to comb through her long hair.

I didn't know what to do, and I didn't know how to feel.

I didn't know how she felt, but I did know that I never wanted to see her like this again.

-A/N-

Shoutout to Carley for always helping when I can't write!!

This is the second time she's written for me and her chapters always turn out great so thank you 💚💚