Chapter 29-

{Jacey's P.O.V}

So far it's been about a week since Christian and I started dating. He's been nothing but sweet to me. We went out to dinner twice and tonight we're having a home movie date.

But for now, it's just Saturday morning so I have the rest of the day. I walked downstairs to get breakfast.

When I got to the kitchen I put two frozen chocolate chip waffles in the toaster. My mom walked in behind me and said, "You need to start packing sometime today."

"Where are we going? You didn't tell me anything like this before, Mom."
I questioned. "You're staying with the Alridges for a week... Did I not tell you? Dad and I have a business trip again." She never told me about this. I hate when she does this.

"No, nobody told me. When are you leaving?" I asked.

"Our flight is at 5:00 in the morning tomorrow so we talked to Christian's mom and she said since you're going over there tonight you can go ahead and stay like it's an extra night. I'm sorry I forgot to tell you, this is big for the company, I've been so busy." she said.

"It's fine mom I understand."

As much as I am thankful I have parents that are here for me and care for me, sometimes it can get hard because they can get so invested in work. But I'm glad I always have places to stay when they have to leave.

I put my dishes in the dishwasher and headed upstairs to pack. I packed all 8 pairs of my Nike fits so I could wear them for pajamas, or just around the house. Then I grabbed some random t-shirts (but also some nice shirts) and a few pairs of jeans and denim shorts.went ahead and took a shower and did my makeup so I could pack that stuff. I finished zipping up my small suitcase and got dressed. I was on my way back downstairs to watch tv when I got a text from Christian.

Christian💘-Just found out you're staying here for a week😂

-Same 😌 I just finished packing

I hopped on the couch after replying and got on Netflix to watch The Office. I absolutely love the show, one of the many things Christian and I have in common.

-

Around 6 o' clock I was already saying bye to my parents and walking over to Christian's with my stuff.

I rang the doorbell and Christian's dad let me in. "Christian is downstairs so you can put your stuff in the guest bedroom and then go find him." He said.

"Okay, thanks Mr. Akridge."

After putting my stuff up I walked downstairs to the basement to find Christian sitting on the couch in front of the tv on his phone. I sat down next to him and he pulled me into a hug. "Hey how are you?" he asked.

"I'm pretty good, how about yourself?" I changed my position so I had my back against the arm of the couch and put my feet across the couch. Christian did the same.

"Well I was good, but even better now with you." He said, smiling.

"Aw Christiannn. You're so sweet."

"Thanks, I try." He said laughing. "Anyway, what do you want to watch first?"

"Hmmm... Can we watch World War Z?" I asked. Also known as my favorite movie of all time.

"Yeah, I love that movie." Christian said. He grabbed the bowl of popcorn that had been on the table and I cuddled up next to him as we started the movie.