Chapter 27-

{Jacey's P.O.V}

I walked into homeroom smiling. I'm so glad it's Friday, I'm so over this week.

I did go back to school on Wednesday; I heard about the public apology Baylee had made. It just feels good to know not everybody is talking about me when my back is turned.

I also couldn't be happier that Christian and I made up. I shouldn't have treated him the way he did, I definitely overreacted.

I sat in class when I felt my phone vibrate. I looked down and saw that I had gotten a text from Christian.

-Wanna go to Starbucks after school?

I looked over at him to see he was looking at his phone waiting for a reply.

-Sure :)

I watched as he smiled at his phone. He's just so cute. I am the luckiest girl to have him care about me like he does. My thoughts were interrupted by the second bell ringing, signaling morning announcements.

-

At the end of school, I met Christian at his locker and we started off to Starbucks. It's only about 10 minutes away from the school if you're walking.

When we got up to the counter I quickly ordered a chai tea. Christian stood there for a long minute deciding what he wanted but eventually settled on what I ordered.We picked a small table towards the back and waited for the barista to call us up. When she did, I stood up to get my drink but Christian insisted on getting it for me, he said he had to be a gentleman.

When he came back he set our drinks down and sat. "So how was school?" he asked. "Boring. As usual." I replied.

"Wanna see something really cool?" he questioned with a funny face. "Um yeah I guess?" I said.

He sipped a mouthful of tea in his mouth and made a monkey face. I started laughing, and without realizing, I snorted really loud. Thankfully nobody noticed, except Christian. For some reason it was so amusing to him, it caused tea to pour out of his nose. We both started laughing extremely loud, bawling our eyes out- Which of course, made people look at us weird.

I grabbed some napkins and attempted to clean up the mess he'd made. "So much for being a gentleman." I said, still laughing.

I looked around and saw a bunch of people glaring at us. "We should probably go." Christian said. We grabbed our drinks and walked out the door. When we got outside Christian grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. It took me by surprise, but I didn't mind it.

We walked back to the school, where Christian's mom had agreed to pick us up.

She wasn't there yet so we sat down on a bench in front of the school. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he did the same on mine. As much as I hated school, we had a beautiful campus.

"I like this. And I like you. A lot." I said quietly.

"I second that." Christian replied, placing a soft kiss on top of my head.