Chapter 26-

I was sitting in my room when I felt my phone buzz. I looked down and read

-We need to talk.

"Jacey, Christian is here to see you" my mom yelled. That was fast.

I didn't think I wanted to talk or see anybody, especially him, but butterflies flew around in my stomach just thinking about him.

"Jace?" He quietly walked in my room, shutting the door behind him.

"How are you?"

"Good, I guess a whole lot better," I paused as he sat next to me, putting his hand on top of mine, "especially now" I squeezed his hand and smiled.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about what's been going on the past few days with us. I care about you so much and it hurts to be away from you. And by the way, Bailee went on the morning announcements this morning and dispelled the rumor about us. Everything with that is settled."

"Wait are you serious?" I asked. As much as that makes me happy, it's so surprising.

"Yeah. But do you forgive me?" He asked, he looked so hopeful. I feel so bad for hurting him like this.

"Of course I do." He pulled me into a tight hug.

We sat for a few seconds just looking at each other and smiling. I really missed him. I broke the silence asking, "So how've you been?"

"I'm alright." He said. "As long as you're better. He paused, but continued.

"I've just been so worried about you. The girl I was used to seeing so bubbly and happy all the time was sitting in complete darkness, shutting everyone out. It hurt me to see you that way." He said in complete seriousness.

"Jace- I see the way you look at me and it sends chills down my spine. How can someone be so perfect?" He looked right in my eyes, his breath hitched as he spoke again,

"And the way you looked at me that day was with darkness and hatred. I tried everything and you didn't want me," he stared down at the ground "The same way you looked at me sent chills down my spine but not in a pleasant way."

I couldn't look at him.

He was so upset.

"I was scared, and you were too and you know it."

Dead silence filled the room, when I heard something outside.

Must be the neighbors, they're always throwing a big parties.

But the sound didn't quite annoy me, it was a song playing.

It wasn't too fast or too slow, and it was one that was quite familiar.

"Do you hear that?" Christian said

"Yeah... It's-"

"The song" we said at the same time.

We smiled, and everything got less tense.

We were actually smiling, and nothing seemed to get in our way.

"Get up." He smiled.

He gently placed his hands on my hips as I slowly wrapped mine around his neck, as we started dancing.

"Christian, this is a mistake" I giggled, we were so out of tempo.

We couldn't even slow dance right.

"OW!" he lifted his foot up, and I finally realized I kinda stepped on his foot.

"Just like that was a mistake." We both laughed again.

"Looks like we are going to be making lots of mistakes in the future." He just smiled, and we both laughed- continuing in conversation as we sang along and danced.

It felt good to be happy again.

-A/N-

Hey so I had this chapter up but I didn't like it so marshmallowstagram re-wrote it and it sounds like a million times better thank you ❤️❤️

She will have chapter 27 done sometime this weeks so be expecting that :)