Never Ending Nightmare

Song: Don't Go by Bring Me The Horizon

"I'm sorry for your loss Miss"

Is all I heard.

Slowly walking back to my crooked flat, I just sat on the hard floor, put my back against the cold wall and kept silent, not a single word came out of my mouth. Everything inside me I felt so

dead.

Broken.

Hurt.

Why her?

God how I miss her so much.

Paramedics arrived at the flat to take my lifeless away from here.

From me.

Hearing everyone whispers about the death of
my mum made my heart sink deeper into my body. No consideration that a daughter a lost her mum, her only family member. I closed my eyes in hoping this was all a dream.

Why?

Why did she leave me unprotected?

How will I survive without her?

Why didn't she take me with her?

All these questions were in my head and no answers.

Don't go..

"Excuse me? Are you Miss Helena Syrus?"

Slowly opening my eyes, I could see front of me was this young looking man maybe around his 20's with strawberry blonde hair. His hair slicked back perfectly, no a single hair would move out of place. The soft sky blue eyes stared at me that I was in a trance, did even notice his uniform till he spoke again.

"Are you okay?"

Am I okay?

AM I OKAY!?

What a stupid question?

I've just lost my mum and he's asking me if I'm okay.

Stupid man.

"Miss Syrus, I am really sorry for your loss."

"Heard that before"  With venom spitting out of my mouth.

Did I just say that?

I wasn't supposed to say that out loud

Damn.

"Miss Syrus? Unfortunately I'm here to give you some bad news."

I raised my brow at this man.

Bad news?

"Worse than losing my own mother?"

The officer frowned.

Kneeling on the floor , he took off his hat and stared into my eyes. From the sadness look in his hypnotic eyes, I don't think I'm prepared to hear this.

"Apparently your mother was behind on paying her rent, six months to be exact and-"

"Yeah I know but I'll be paying half of it at the end of the month, I spoke to the landlord about it and we made an agreement."

The office scratched the back of his neck, breaking eye contact with me.

"Well I just spoke to the landlord and he wants to hand over your keys and vacate the building."