chapter 34

After Austin and I’s little make out session, we got to the house. The lights were all off. Weird. I would think everyone would be waiting for us to come back in our underwear. Austin opened the door. Silence. There wasn’t even giggling. Which I’m pretty sure that Shelby would be doing right now. I grabbed onto Austin’s arm. They are probably going to scare us or they aren’t even here. “Guys, are you here?" Austin said. Silence. Ok I do not like this silence. I wish they would hurry up and scare us already. “Maybe they aren’t here." Austin mumbled. He turned on the living room light. No one. He went upstairs to see if they were up there. He came down shaking his head. “Where would they go? The cars are still here. Their shoes are even here." I said. I was starting to freak myself out. I walked over to the back door and looked out. Sure enough, I saw the little shits sitting around the fire pit. “They’re out back." I said with no emotion. I got scared for no reason. Cool. “We should probably get dressed. Well unless you want to stay like this." Austin said wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed and shook my head. I was actually a bit cold. I went upstairs and put a sweatpants and a hoodie on. Austin came in and put just sweatpants on. I guess he’s going shirtless. I’m definitely not going to argue. We walked outside. They all smiled. “How was your walk home?" Alex asked nonchalantly. “Oh it actually wasn’t that bad." Austin said. He winked at me. I’m pretty sure everyone saw it because they started ‘ooo’ing. I rolled my eyes. We spent most of the night out there. Just talking and goofing around. I never want this summer to end.