Chapter 29

Austin and I got in the golf cart and went down to the beach to wait for the others. We waited for almost 30 minutes. The boys were in the water while Shelby, Sarah, and I waited on the beach. Sarah started to keek. “Hey Keek! I’m currently on the beach with Lexi and Shelby. We are just watching Alex, Austin, and Robert splash each other.” She explained to the camera. She put the camera towards me. I smiled and waved. She pointed it towards Shelby and she did the same. She then pointed the camera to the boys who were splashing and dunking each other. It was quite hilarious. She ended the keek and we all started to talk. “Lexi, have you done anything with Austin?” Shelby asked. “Uh well we have kissed. Have you and Robert thought about dating?” I asked. “No but he kissed me. It was nice.” She said smiling. “Aw! Is it weird for you guys to date your best friends or kiss them?” Sarah asked. “Not really. I have known Austin for some time and liked him for sometime so it’s kind of like a relief. Like I’m finally doing what I have wanted to do for years!”  I said. We sat and talked. The boys got bored in the water and decided to come give us girls’ hugs. They were freezing cold. “Austin!” I screamed as I tried to wiggle out of his grasps. While trying to do so I spotted an old guy with a camera at the end of the beach. He started to take pictures. “There’s someone taking pictures of us.” I said in his ear. Austin looked back and saw the guy. “Ignore him.” He said. I couldn’t seem to ignore him, even after 2 hours. I felt a bit self conscious, so I wrapped my towel over me. Austin noticed and said, “I think Alexis and I are going to go back to the cabin!” He got up and helped me up. We waved bye to the others because they wanted to stay a bit longer. Once we got into the golf cart, he turned to me. “Are you okay?”  He said putting his hand on my knee. “Yeah, I just don’t feel comfortable when I know someone’s taking pictures.” I said. “You just have to ignore them. That’s what I do.” He said. I looked towards him and he kissed me. “Just ignore them.” He said and started the golf cart.