chapter 28

Minutes after it started to get heated, Alex walks in. We stopped and looked at him. He smiled a really weird smile and looked from Austin to me. “I know what’s going on here.” He said. When he got into the hallway I heard him scream, “Use a condom.” I feel like it was a calling for everyone in the house to casually walk by the door and look in. Austin and I just laughed. “Well…” I said looking at him. “I think we should probably just go to bed. They’ll walk by a couple more times before they stop.” He said. An idea popped into my head. “You know what would make them really curious?” I said getting up, shutting the door and looking it. I turned the light off and crawled into the bed  “They’re going to die of curiosity.” I said. Austin laughed. “Yeah they will. Goodnight, beautiful.” He said. I smiled into his chest and said, “Goodnight, handsome.” I had my head on his chest, listening to his heart while I fell asleep. I could get used to this.

*The Next Morning*

                I woke up to Austin moving. I looked up and saw Austin stretching his arms. “Good morning.” He said in his morning voice. If you ever hear that voice it will make you want to jump off a bridge because it’s so hot. We got up and went downstairs. Everyone in the kitchen just looked at us weird. It was a bit awkward too. It’s not like we did anything. We just made it look like we did. “So, how was your guys’ night?” Shelby asked. Robert almost spit out his orange juice. I decided to just say it. “Whatever you guys are thinking we did. We did… not!” I said. They all started to laugh. “We thought you guys were doing stuff. You guys closed the door and locked it. C’mon, if Sarah and I did that you’d think we were doing stuff too.” Alex said. We all nodded. We were going to go to the beach today, so everyone went and got ready.