chapter thirteen

We all met in the living room when we were done. Sarah wanted all the girls to get together, so she could get a picture with all of us. Then she wanted her and Alex together for a picture. When they were taking the picture, they looked so cute. I wanted a relationship like them. Only if Austin would get his head out of his butt and see that I like him! We started to head down to the lake. That’s when the weather changed. At first it was sunny, just a few clouds. Then it just started pouring. Everyone screamed and rain back to the cabin. We all started to laugh. “I don’t think we’re going to be swimming right now.” Robert said. Everyone started laughing and went to change. While I waited for Austin to change I looked out our hallway window. It looked so pretty when it rained. I stood there and then felt someone next to me. I looked over and saw Austin. “It’s pretty isn’t it?” he asked. “Oh yea. Is it this pretty in Florida?” I asked looking at him. “They’re about the same.” He answered. “What about the girls? I heard they’re supposed to be gorgeous.” I said. He looked at me and said, “There are some pretty girls there but the girls here are better. Especially one.” He said looking at me. “Who?” I asked confused. He started to lean closer. “You” he said before kissing me. I immediately kissed back. It felt so right. I have been dreaming of this for years! We backed away and a smile was on my face instantly. I looked at him and he was smiling too. “Well… I’m guessing you’re done with the room, so I can go and change.” I said and walked to the room. I closed the door and immediately started fangirling. After a couple minutes of that, I got dressed. I looked at myself before I went downstairs. I went to the kitchen and got an apple and went to the living room. I saw Shelby give me a weird look when I went and sat next to Austin. I was looking at the flames of the fire. If you watched fire, you’d see that the flames dance and it’s awesome to watch. We sat there for a while. Everyone in their own worlds. Alex and Sarah talking and taking pictures, the same with Shelby and Matt. Robert was on his phone, probably on Twitter. Austin doing the same as Robert. I was just watching the fire. There was this loud thunder, which made me jump. I heard Austin chuckle a bit. That’s when the lights went out. Thank god for this fire place or it would be pitch dark except for the lights on our phones. “We probably won’t have any power for the night. Do you guys just want to all sleep down here?” Robert said. “We should get blankets from all the rooms.” Alex said. Everyone got up and went upstairs to collect their blankets. Austin and I were in the rooms getting our blankets when he put his over his head. “Boo, I’m a ghost!” he said. I laughed at him and said, “Oh no, I’m so scared.” In seconds Austin was right in front of me. “I’ll help you!” he said.

What did you think of the kiss??