chapter fourteen

With the little light we had, I could see him smiling. He then repeated what he had done in the hallway and kissed me again. He pulled away and said, “I still can’t believe that it took me 2 years to do that.” “Wait you’ve liked me for that long too?” I asked him. “Yea…” he said picking up his and my blankets. “Oh me too.” I said. We just walked out of the room and downstairs. I was getting hungry, so I went and got a snack. I walked in the kitchen and saw Matt and Shelby making out. “You know you do have a room for that? Instead of the kitchen.” I said. I could tell I scared them because when I started to talk Shelby jumped. “Ha Ha very funny, Lexi. Matt I need to talk to her for a minute. Go up to my room.” She said. When he left she started to talk again. “So what’s going on between you and Austin? I want to know. And don’t lie to me, I saw you two kissing in the hallway.” She said. My eyes shot open. “You saw us?” I asked her. “Yea! It was really cute too! Oh and I got a picture.” She said pulling out her phone. “You took a picture of us?” I asked kind of creped out. “It was too cute. I couldn’t help but take a picture of it!” she said and showed it to me. It was cute. All you could see was our figures and the light coming from the window. “Aw! Thank you for taking a picture.” I said even though it was creepy. “I don’t think me and Matt will be sleeping down here.” She said hopping off the counter top. “Just don’t be loud. That will be really awkward.” I told her. “We’ll try.” She said and walked away. I just laughed and walked into the living room. I wasn’t really hungry anymore after seeing those two. I looked in to see only Robert and Austin. “So did the couples ditch us?” I asked. They both nodded their heads. I went and sat in the chair. Robert was sitting on the ground leaning up against the couch, while Austin was laying on the couch. He kept looking up at me and smiling which would make me giggle. Robert started to notice and picked up his blanket. “Gosh am I the only one who doesn’t have someone? I’m going to sleep in your bed, Austin.” Robert said and marched up the stairs. He is such a drama queen! I was looking down at my phone when I saw a flash. At first I thought it was just lightning but then it made a camera noise. My head shot up to see Austin with his phone out. “Did you just take a picture?” I asked him. “I took a picture of the fire. It looks really cool on my camera.” He said. “Oh, can I see the picture?” I asked, still not believing him. He nodded his head. I went and sat by his stomach on the couch. He showed me his phone. The fire did look pretty but I was in the picture too! “Hey, I’m in that!” I said pointing to me. “Don’t worry I’ll crop it out if I put it on Twitter.” He said.  I decided I didn’t want to go back and sit on the chair, so I kept where I was. Austin and I talked mostly the whole night. We took a ton of pictures on his phone and mine. Some of them were really cute. We looked like an actual couple. My favorite was this one that he took and he was kissing my cheek but the best part was that I wasn’t expecting it. I looked really surprised. “This one’s my favorite.” He said showing me his phone. “But you’re cut in half!” I said. “You look really pretty.” He said. I felt my cheeks get red. “Your cute when you blush.” He said. “Stop it! You’re going to make me look like a tomato!” I said. “You’d be a cute tomato.” He said leaning in and kissing me on the cheek. ‘You’d be a cute tomato #BadPickupLine #StillCuteThough’ I tweeted.