chapter twelve

It was the weekend and Sarah and Matt were coming. Alex and Shelby were waiting by the door like dogs that wanted out. Robert and I decided to play a joke on them.”Someone’s in the driveway!” Robert said. I watched their reactions. They both wrestled to the door to open it. Alex opened the door and they were soon discouraged. “There’s no one in the driveway!” Shelby yelled. “Oh sorry. I think it was a piece of dust.”  He said. I just laughed and said, “Sucks being in love doesn’t it?” I asked them. “No” they both said simultaneously. I laughed and went upstairs. Austin has been really quite the last hour he’s been upstairs. I opened the door slowly and stuck m head in. He was looking at his computer, so I walked in. He looked up t me and back down at his computer. I laid down on my bed. “So whatcha doing?” I asked him. “Oh nothing.” He said. He seemed distant. I looked over at the computer and saw my name so I got up. When I came close, Austin moved the computer so I couldn’t see what was in the screen. “What are you looking at Austin?” I asked him. My right knee was on the bed to keep me steady while I leaned to see what he was looking at. “Nothing Alexis.” He said. “You’re looking at something. I saw my name.” I said. I know he wasn’t going to give up. “Please just show me!” I said a little more demanding. He looked at me then back at the computer and sighed. He handed me the computer. I started reading hate comments about me. ‘Alexis is so ugly’ ‘She’s using Austin’ ‘Ew Alexis has a huge ass. It’s way too big for her anorexic body.’ One of them caught my eye. ‘ew Alexus is ug1y. she a stupd ho. She dnt desrve Austin!’ I laughed at that one. Austin looked at me confused. “Some people need to go back to elementary school!” I said. “So you’re not sad?” he asked. “No. I don’t care what people think!” I said handing him his laptop. All of a sudden, I heard screaming. “MATT YOURE HERE! I MISSED YOU BABY!” Shelby screamed. “Well Matt’s here.” I said getting up. “This is going to be a fun weekend. Be ready to be the third wheel.” He said getting up together. “Maybe you, Robert and I could make a tricycle!” I said. We both started to laugh going down the stairs. In the living room it was Shelby and Matt cuddled onto a chair. Robert on one side of the sectional and Alex on the other side. I climbed over the couch and sat in the part where the 2 sections meet. I like sitting there. “So Alex, when’s Sarah coming?” Austin asked sitting between Alex and I. Alex got up and went to the door. “She’s here!” he said opening the door. They came in a minute later with her bag. “Hi guys!” she said. We all waved at her. “Hi Sarah!” I said. I was the one that told Alex to go out with Sarah. She and I used to be really close when we were little and she was really nice! We aren’t as close but we’re still friends. “I thought Madison was here.” She said. “Oh no she left. She didn’t want to stay.” I said shrugging. “Oh. What are we going to do for the weekend?” she asked. “We could go swimming. It’s pretty nice outside.” Matt suggested. Everyone was down to go swimming.