chapter seventeen

“So it all happened before you guys dated?” I asked making for sure. “Yes, so its fine!” he said. “No it’s not fine! You did stuff with her then asked Shelby out! It’s better than when you guys were dating but still. It was wrong.” I said. “As long as you didn’t do anything while you and Shelby dated then its fine but you need to tell her.” I said. “She doesn’t need to know my sex life before we started to date.” He said speaking loud. “It would help your relationship. If she finds out later, she is going to be crushed!” I said raising my voice too. “I don’t need to tell her!” he said getting angry. I don’t know why he was getting so angry. “I think you should.” I said walking away. “Alexis.” He said but I just kept walking. “Alexis! I’m talking to you.” He said grabbing my wrist and pulling me to face him. “What the hell Matt?” I screamed in his face. He let go of my wrists and said, “When I’m talking to you, look at me.” I just gave him a dirty look. “What’s the matter with you? You’re acting so crazy over this stupid thing.” I said. “It’s not a stupid thing! If you tell Shelby then she and I will break up and I don’t want that to happen.” He said. “I’m not going to keep things away from my best friend!” I said. I hated keeping things away from Shelby. I could hardly keep her surprise birthday party a secret! “You better not tell her anything.” He said through gritted teeth. I have never seen this side of him before. Usually he’s all nice and funny but now he’s kind of scary. “Matt, I think you need to tell-“ I said but was interrupted by a hand to my cheek. It took me a few seconds as to what had just happened. I held my cheek and looked at him. “What the hell?” I said as an angry looking Austin came running out the door. “I’m going to kill you!” Austin screamed. After Austin came everyone else. I was still surprised that he hit me. I looked over at Shelby who was looking at Matt in disgust. Shelby and Sarah came rushing to my side and asking if I was ok. I just watched what Austin was going to do. He ran over and punched Matt in the face which made him stumble back. “That’s what you get for hitting a girl!” Austin shouted at Matt. Alex went and stood in between them. He looked so short compared to both of them. Like on cue Robert pulled up with Tyler and ran over to Austin and Matt. “What’s going on?” Robert asked. “This dick hit Alexis!” Austin said in a loud voice while pointing to Matt. I looked at Matt and he had a tear running down his face. I don’t know if it is from getting hit or knowing that he’s losing Shelby. He looked at her with sad eyes and mouthed ‘I’m sorry’. She just shook her head and mouthed ‘Fuck off’. I was pretty proud of my girl! “Matt I think you need to leave.” Sarah said. Everyone agreed. After Matt left we all went inside. They were all looking at me. Austin came up and lightly touched my cheek. I pulled back because it hurt so much. He had a frown on his face. “I can’t believe he would do that to you Lexi!” Shelby said coming and standing next to Austin. “Does he usually get that angry?” I asked looking into her eyes. “No. Never.” She said. I could tell she was lying.