A Deal With God

"Oliver, what are we going to do?" Roy asked as he paced through the foundry.

"The only thing we can do, get the cure back."

"I think we can be of some assistance with that task." says a deep voice, clearly female.

He turned to look at the Heir To The Demon herself, flanked by a fifteen or so League Members. "Nyssa. Thank you for coming."

The dark haired woman stared back defiantly. "I am not at Oliver Queen's beck and call. I do this only for Sara."

"Whatever the cause, I'm still thankful." He glanced around the destroyed foundry and at the arrow cradled in his palm. "This has gotten out of hand fast."

"Your reluctance to do what is necessary is why your city burns." Sara placed her arm on Nyssa's shoulder as she stepped forward.

"What's did I miss?" Sara asked.

"After you left I got a call from Star Labs. They worked up the Miracuru cure and sent it with a transport by plane. When Roy got there to retrieve it, the crew was dead and the cure gone."

"Slade or one of his minions must have it." His eyebrows rose at her use of the word minion. "What? I spend a lot of time with your wife."

"We need to find it."

"But how? We don't even know where Felicity and Moira are let alone where Evil HQ is."

Leave it to Roy to not sugar coat it. Felicity loved having him on the team, saying that his propensity to say whatever was on his mind made her feel better about babbling. He knew that she would be glad to find that in her absence that she had rubbed off on Sara and Roy's speech patterns.

"Another thing I know that you do not," said Nyssa, slightly triumphant. "Slade is using the Mayor's office as his current base of operation."

"How did you know that?" Roy asked.

"I am the daughter of the Demon. I know many things," Nyssa replied.

"The Mayor's office? Why would he work from there?" He asked.

"I know why," Roy answered as he looked up from his phone. "The Mayor and The DA are dead. Man...this city has really bad luck with Mayors."

"Roy." He said sharply.

"Sorry but it's true." He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Alright, we need to move. Roy we need as many as those injection arrows as you can find." Roy moved off to begin searching.

"Injection arrows?" Nyssa asked harshly.

"We have the cure now. There's no reason for killing."

"You speak of the man who is holding your mother, wife and unborn child captive. Are you saying you would not kill him if you had the chance right now."

He hesitated, unsure of how to reply. The truth was his anger was simmering right under the surface and the only thing keeping him subdued was the thought of what Felicity would think if he killed a man in cold blood. Even though he believed Slade death was quite warranted.

"I see. You only hold back for her," Nyssa said, speaking of Felicity. "Love is strength, but it is what you do with that strength that matters."

Was he getting advice? From Nyssa Al Ghul? If Felicity were here she'd enjoy the turn in conversation.

"I'll do what is necessary Nyssa...but I'd like to do it with the least amount of killing possible."

"You have your way...I have mine."