Family Is Precious

A noise interrupted her peaceful slumber and she groaned at the buzzing. What in the world was making that noise this early in the morning? She nuzzled her face closer to Oliver's chest and pulled the comforter up to her nose hoping the irritating sound would go away. It didn't. Oliver shifted and his arms tightened around her, finally coming around to hear the sound too.

"Oliver," she moaned gruffly, squeezing her eyes shut. "Make it stop."

He chuckled and she burrowed further under the covers. She can feel Oliver moving towards the offending object that she now recognized as her cell phone.

"Who ever it is, tell them to call back later or my personal preference; never," she called her voice slightly muffled from being covered with the comforter.

"Felicity," Oliver said softly. "It's your Mother."

Her eyes popped open and she threw back the blanket scrambling across the mattress. She nearly fell off the bed in her haste to get away from the phone and had it not been for Oliver grabbing her arm she would have landed on the hard wood floor.

"Aren't you going to answer it?"

Her eyes went wide and she shook her head vehemently. "I can not handle her this early in the morning. It's been months since I've talked to her. There can only be one reason she's calling now."

"She knows?"

"She knows," she confirmed as she lifted her hand to press against her forehead. The phone continued to ring and she was seriously considering throwing it against the wall when it stopped. "Oh, thank God." She sighed as she fell head first into a pillow.

Her relief only lasted for a moment when the phone started ringing again.

"She's persistent I'll give her that," laughed Oliver.

"Shut up!" She whacked him with a pillow. "You not the one that has to talk to her," she hissed.

"Oh really?" He threatened and she knew what he was about to do. She jumped across the mattress but before she could stop him he answered the phone and put it on speaker and she landed in a awkward heap in his lap.

"Hello?" She winced. This was going to be bad.

"I'm guessing your my daughters new husband. If not I haven't given her enough credit," came Donna Smoak's shrill voice through the phone. She covered her face with her hands and pressed her forehead to Oliver's thigh.

"Nope, I'm definitely her husband. I'm Oliver-"

"Queen, yes I know. It's very nice to meet you, or rather talk to you because I can't see you," she babbled. Since when had her Mom got tongue tied? "Is my daughter there? I'd very much like to speak with her," she asked sweetly but she knew that tone. This was very, very bad.

He looked down at her and she scrunched up her nose at him making him smile and plant a kiss on the tip of her nose. "Yes she's right here, just a moment," he said as he pushed the phone closer to her. She sighed and sat up on her forearms.

"Hi Mom," she said hesitantly.

"Felicity Meghan Smoak!" yelled her mom.

"Actually it's Queen now," she interrupted and smirked up at Oliver who was laughing silently. She smacked him on the arm and mouthed 'You're gonna get it.'

'What are you gonna do?" he mouthed back still smiling obviously not heeding her threat.

"I don't care, you're still my daughter! How could you not tell me you caught a billionaire?"