I Won't Go Down Without A Fight

Seeing his Mother laying in a pool of her own blood was something he would never forget. His heart stopped beating when she had fallen to the floor and It all happened too fast to fully understand what was happening.

He had always heard that when something bad was happened. it was in slow motion but it had never been that way for him. He prided himself on his quick reaction time, his ability to predict what would come next. But he didn't see it coming. He hadn't foreseen his family being taken, or Thea coming into the warehouse at the worst time, he hadn't seen Slade shove a sword through his mothers chest. He just hadn't seen. And now because of that his mother is dead. That thought alone spurred him on. He would avenge his mother's death. He had too because there was no other option. Slade would never stop otherwise. So he did what he had trained for over the last 7 years. He ran, adrenaline coursing through his veins making every ache, every sore muscle disappear in his pursuit.

Slade was smart, but he was also unstable. Especially now that the thing that had made him nearly invincible had been taken from him. He could hear him running in front of him, his feet heavy as they pounded on the pavement. Slade was an impeccable fighter but he had one thing up on him. He knew Starling City like the back of his hand and the direction Slade was running towards now, was a dead end. He reached the end of the alley, his head swiveling in search of an escape route, but there was none.

"It's over Slade!" He shouted coming to a stop at the head of the alley, his bow drawn.

"You should no me better kid." He shook his head and stepped toward him. "I'm not going down without a fight."

Slade rushed forward and he fired an arrow that missed him narrowly and ended up fixing itself into the brick wall behind them. He didn't have time to reload so he used what he had at his disposal from the area around him. First he used his bow to block one of Slade's punches. He kicked his leg from under him but Slade caught his arm and pulled him down too and wrapped his legs around his throat.

He flipped them and slipped out of Slade's grasp and put his fist to his jaw then shoved a hand into Slade's throat making him gasp for air and fall back enough for him to get up.
Slade wasn't down long before he was back up and throwing punches, one hitting him in the nose and. splitting his lip. The metallic taste of blood filled his mouth and sweat poured down his face, the salt burning his open wounds.

Slade threw a sucker punch to his gut and he bent over, Slade used that opportunity to knee him in the face. His head whipped back and blood splattered Slade's suit and as he bent over Slade pulled him into a headlock. That was one thing he hadn't taught him to get out of. That was all Anatoly. He'd have to thank him when he got out of this.

The trick was to stay balanced, grounded...and to fight dirty. He struck Slade in the groin and as he doubled over beside him he moved his arm around his shoulders and against his face and shoving him backwards bringing both of them to a upright position where he landed a jab to his ribs. He punched him under his jaw making him fall back into the brick wall. A punch came out of nowhere he stumbled backwards and Slade kicked him hard in his bad knee making him cry out and fall to the ground.

Sometime during the fight his quiver had came loose and had rolled onto the asphalt. As he laid on his back panting, watching Slade approach he knew he would only have one chance at this. Slade came closer and he noticed that blood trickled down his face from open cuts, his one working eye was nearly swollen shut and one of his front teeth was missing.

He didn't think of his family or his friends, or all the things Slade had done. He only saw him as a threat that needed to be eliminated so as Slade loomed over him, he took his chance. His hand shot out in a flash and his fingers wrapped around a arrow then he pulled his arm back and jammed it into Slade's knee. He used his opportunity and landed an upper cut to his face and he fell backward onto the pavement and it was finally he who stood over him. He retrieved his bow and knocked an arrow, pointing it straight at Slade's heart.