I Died A Little Bit Inside

There's an ache in his chest and he doesn't know why and his head is pounding. He groans and closes his eyes against the light coming through the windows and tried to remember how he had gotten there. What happened last night? He racked his brain but came up blank. That disturbs him. The last time he had a night he couldn't remember was before the island, back when all he was a spoiled playboy.

He sat up in the bed and takes a glace around his room. Nothing was different except...the dresser. All the contents were on the floor and so were his clothes. He untangled himself from the twisted sheets and grabs his boxers from the floor. Why couldn't he remember? Logically the only thing he can think of is that he was drugged but how? He stood in the middle of the room and listened for any noise. Nothing. He padded to the bathroom. Empty. There were no woman's clothes in sight but clearly something had happened, he had been with someone from the looks of the disheveled room. Question was who? And why did she leave?

None of his questions could be answered so he took a hot shower hoping the heat could warm the cold feeling that had taken a hold on his body and then called Diggle.

He thought he would be asleep but answered after the first ring.

“John? Somethings happened.”

“What's wrong?”

“I can't remember anything from last night.”

A deep sigh and “Oh man,” was his only reply.

------>

Felicity entered the executive elevator dressed in a modest navy dress with a high neckline, black heels and minimal makeup. She felt like bursting in to tears every five minutes so she didn't think it was a good idea to wear a lot of mascara. She had forgone her usually bright lipstick in favor of a nude gloss.

As if her day couldn't get any worse the elevator doors slid open to reveal a irate Isobel Rochev.

“Where is Mr. Queen? We had a meeting an hour ago.”

“I'm sorry Mrs. Roshev, I informed him of the meeting yesterday. He probably just...” she hesitates a moment as flash of his sleeping face enters her mind. “Overslept. I'm sure he'll be here shortly.”

“Make sure he is or I'll find someone who can,” she threatened before she swept gracefully from the room narrowly missing Digg and into the elevator.

“What was that about?”

“Apparently I'm Oliver's keeper and if he's not here soon she's going to find someone who can get Oliver 'I'm always late' Queen to his meetings on time.” she sets her purse on his desk and pulls her chair out. “Please, I'd like to see her try.” She finally looks at Digg. “What's wrong.”

“Oliver called.” She stumbles a little.

“What did he say?” He hesitated. “John what did he say?”

“He said.” he sighs. “He said he doesn't remember anything from last night. He believes he was drugged.”

She sits down in her chair hard. “Drugged?” she whispered. Just those words caused her to die a little.

“I'm sorry Felicity.” She palms the back of her neck, tears threatening to spill down her cheeks but she forced them back.

“No, maybe its for the best. The way it started, it wouldn't have worked out any away.”

“He cares for you Felicity.”

“Yeah, but not the way I want him too.”

“You should tell him.”