I'll Look After You

Felicity sighed as she walked into Oliver's- their bedroom in the mansion. Her back ached and she pressed a hand to her spine. All she wanted was sleep and a hot shower. And not necessarily in that order. Who knew that just making a speech would take that much out of her. She had worked until 3:30 until she had been forced to go home after she had nodded off, her elbows resting on her desk and her face in her hands. She had nearly broken her glasses when Oliver startled her striding into the room with a look on his face she knew better than to argue with. He had Diggle take her home, promising he would follow after he took care of some business. She had been too tired to even ask what.

So that is how she ended up standing in indecision halfway between the bed and the en-suite. She was really, really tired, but she was really achy too. She reasoned that she wouldn't be able to sleep if she didn't try to relieve some of the pain, so she popped a baby aspirin and climbed in the shower. The steam eased the pressure in her back and cleared her mind some. She felt like she could stay under the hot spray all day but her eyes drooping and her fingers starting to prune proved otherwise. She turned off the faucet and wrapped a towel around herself. When she got back into the bedroom it was like all her exhaustion hit her at once, all the stress about Roy, blowing up the applied science building and Slade had kept her from really sleeping the previous night. Not caring about her state of undress or about the time, she fell into the bed head first and soon fell asleep. It seemed like only moments later warm fingers were stroking her cheek and her brain drifted into semi-consciousness. She groaned and pressed her head further into the mattress.

Her eyes were firmly shut when she muttered. "Sleep."

She heard a breathy chuckle and his warm minty breath fanned her face as he spoke.

"If this were any other time and I found a nearly naked woman in my bed I'd be doing anything else but sleeping."

One of her eyes peeked open at his statement. "Only if that naked woman was your wife," she said softly, her voice a little thick from sleep. Her eyes closed again at the warmth of Oliver's hand seeping into her skin, lulling her back towards sleep.

"Is there anyone else?" He whispered, his thumb still stroking her cheek. "It's me and you until the end babe." This time both of her eyes opened. Oliver never called her anything but Felicity.

"Babe?" She questioned, her eyebrows raising slightly.

"You don't like it?"

"No, it's just I never thought you were one to use pet names," she replied softly not wanting to shatter the peaceful tranquility of the moment.

"When it comes to you I do a lot of things I never thought I'd do," he said warmly.

She smiled and started to closed her eyes again but not before tugging him towards her with a fistful of his shirt.

"Sleep with me," she mumbled sleepily then groaned at her double entendre. "And when I say that I mean actually sleep, though I'm not apposed to sleeping with you, but not right now cause I'm really tired and I need a lot of energy for what I want to do with you and right now I just down have it but maybe later we-"

"Felicity," he cut off her ramble. Heat ran up her neck, the blush spreading up to her cheeks and ears. She opened her eyes to see his smirking face.

"I know what you meant," he said gruffly. A moment later he took whipped his gray t-shirt over his head and she whimpered.

"Really? I'm about to fall asleep and had you do that?"

His only answer was to smile as he tugged on a pair of sweatpants. She wanted to say it made her feel wide awake but nope, much to her dismay the exhaustion was still there and the more she talked the further she got towards just falling asleep right in the middle of a sentence. He climbed into the bed next to her, his discarded in hand.