We Share Each Other Like An Island

Song for this Chapter: Waiting Game By Banks

“Oliver?” He turned around on his bar stool to look at her.

“You okay,” she asked having to raise her voice over the pounding music of the club.

“Fine,” He took the shot of of whatever it was that the bartender had handed him.

“Really?” She gestured to the five empty shot glasses in front of him. “It doesn't look like it.” She took a seat on the bar stool next to his. “Is it Blood?”

“He still thinks I'm just a spoiled playboy,” he grumbled into his glass.

“Well aren't you?” His head jerked to look at her. “I didn't mean it like that. You know me I can hack into any federal or government database but ask me to string together a appropriate sentence and-”

“Felicity,” he cut her off and asked the bartender for another set of drinks.

“Sorry, my point is that's how everyone see's you. You haven't did anything to show them different. When you got back you used it as a cover but now you're a CEO, you have the perfect platform to do some real good in the city and not as the Hood... but as Oliver Queen. Show them they're wrong about you, that you're more than just Oliver Queen former playboy. You are someone people can rely on, someone who cares about the city and the people in it.”

He handed her one of the drinks. She wasn't really a drinker but what could she do? He was really listening to her and apparently he didn't want to drink alone. That was something friends did together right? Drank together? Yeah. So she threw the shot back, sputtered and then covered her mouth and coughed. “Wow,” her eyes started watering. “That's good stuff,” she choked.

He laughed, if you could call the slight ticking of his lips and exhaling a larger amount of air than normal a laugh. But this was Oliver Queen we're talking about and she'd take it. That alone was worth the liquor that was burning her belly at the moment but she kept smiling.

He nodded his head, turned away from her and she watched as the smile dropped from his lips.

She hated that so she placed her hand on his. That caused his blue eyes to turn to hers.

“You've already proved yourself to me and Digg, we know you've changed. We've seen in. Now it's time to prove it to yourself Oliver.” Her head started to buzz.

“I don't deserve you,” he said and turned away again but didn't pull his hand from hers.

“See? That right there is what I'm talking about. You deserve me Oliver, you deserve so much more than me.”

And that's when he grabbed her face and kissed her.

To say it was the best kiss she had ever gotten would be a colossal understatement. There weren't words to describe it, so she didn't try to. For her to run out of words, well that was a something that never happened.

He cradled her face in his hands like she was the most precious thing in the world, his warm lips pressed softly to hers waiting for her to return pressure. Her thoughts scrambled and she couldn't find a reason or the will to push him away, so the threw caution to the wind and kissed him back like a woman possessed. She held onto his arms and pulled him closer and they kissed like the world was on fire and when air became a necessity they only pulled apart far enough to breathe, their lips were still touching, breath mingling.They stayed there in the moment, breathing heavily until he pulled back to look in her eyes, hands still holding her face. “You're wrong, you are more than I could ever deserve in a lifetime Felicity.”

“I wish you could see yourself the way I see you Oliver,” her hands fist in the fabric of his henley. “Then you'd understand.” He stared at her in wonder for a moment.

“I think I'm starting too,” he said before he captured her lips again.

                                                                                                              >--------->

She doesn't know how but they end up up at the Queen Mansion. He's has her small hand in his large one and is pulling her down the long hallway to his room. Before they get there he pulls her to him and gives her a kiss that curls her toes.

They fall into his room and he pushes her against the door. She pulls his lips down to hers, his stubble scraping against her cheeks. Her arms wrap around his broad shoulders and she cards her fingers through his hair. He tilts his heads and deepens the kiss with a groan. Her head is buzzing and she isn't sure if its from the alcohol or Oliver's kisses. As far as she was concerned his kisses were her liquor, they were just as intoxicating if not more. His hands are roving over her spine and all she can think is she wants to feel his skin against hers. She starts unbuttoning her cardigan and he starts pulling it down her shoulders, it gets stuck around her elbows and she desperately wants it off causing him to laugh against her lips. He slide the sleeves from her arms, balls the sweater up and throws it across the room causing her to laugh. He stalks towards her again and a wave of desire swoops low in her belly. He must have a thing for her face because his hands are cupping it again, warm mouth roving over hers, he turns them, walking backwards pushing further into the room. The dresser bumps into her back. He pulls away causing her to whimper. He smirks and sweeps his hand across the dresser scattering the contents. He grabs the back of her thighs and lifts her easily onto the dresser making them even. And then his lips crash to hers again, his arms pulling her closer.

She sighs, pressing her body closer to his. His hands were like fire roaming over her face, her arms, her back, her ribs. Her whole body was ablaze from his heat. His lips make a path down the column of her neck starting at the shell of her ear, she leans her head against the dresser mirror giving him better access. He rubs his stubble against her neck and she shivers.

She has the fleeting thought that this wasn't a good idea but for the first time in a long time she lets her heart lead. Nothing else mattered. The mirror presses painfully into her back but she doesn't care.

All she cares about is the way Oliver's lips felt on her neck and the way his body melded with hers. He groans into her mouth when she rakes her nails through his scalp. She starts tugging at his shirt, he gets the message and pulls it over his head, she places her hand over his heart, it beats wildly against her palm. That she can have that kind of effect on him makes a new wave of desire sweep through her.

“Are you sure?” he asks. Even if she weren't she's already took a step off the cliff and there was no returning.

“I'm only sure of one thing,” she replies as she grabs his neck and pulls his lips down to hers once more. All she wanted was him. Things only escalated from there.

A little while later she couldn't figure out how she had survived without him so long and then his thumbs were tracing over her rib cage and that was the last coherent thought she had for a long time.

                                                                                                              >--------->