In The Heart Of Darkness

Felicity downloaded the original footage to an external flash drive then cleaned the video to only include Oliver sitting at the bar and the woman slipping the drug in his drink. She felt guilty lying to him but she told herself that it was for the best. He trusted her. She was the one woman that he hadn't messed up with and she couldn't be reduced to just another notch on his bedpost. She was his friend, well that didn't quite cover what they were but if he knew he would feel guilty, like he had taken advantage of her. She couldn't hear him apologize for something that had meant so much to her.

"What did you find?" Oliver asked as he strode into the foundry.

"Your blood test came back positive for Lethazolten."

"What's that?"

"It's pretty much the new Vertigo. It swept through the glades while you were gone. Wasn't much Digg and I could do about it." Another look of guilt crossed his face so she continued on. "Lethazolten is named because it means 'Forget and live.' It basically makes you do things you wouldn't normally do and forget about it."

"So I guess I'm lucky I only did what I did."

"Yeah, you could put it that way." She swallowed hard.

"Do the memories come back?"

"That's the thing, it effects everyone differently. Some remember after a few days."

"I'm guessing that's the good news?"

"Yes, some never remember."

He sighed. "Great."

"Is there...something you want to remember?"

He stared at her for a second deciding whether or not to tell her.

"I was with somebody Felicity. The last time I had a night like that was before the island. I thought I'd changed. Whoever it was left. Did I do something? What did I say to her? Did I treat her like a one night stand? I just wonder..."

She thought about babbling it all out just then. She hated that he felt that way when she had the power to fix it....but was it really fixing it when you switched it out for something much worse? She forced herself to swallow, her mouth felt like cotton.

"Any footage?"

"Yeah," she showed him the clean loop she had edited.

"Can you get me a name on the woman?"

"You really have to ask? Facial recognition running now."

"What about outside cameras?" She pulled up the footage. Thankfully she hadn't had to edit it much because of the camera angles outside the club. All it showed was Oliver and a faceless woman getting in a cab. It was too dark to identify who. "Well, that fills in some of the blanks," he said as he rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm still wondering where I even met her. There wasn't anything on the video." She looked to the floor.

"Felicity I-"

"It's okay," She looked at the loop again, saw the flash of her silver strap of her heel as it caught the light. "You were roofied. You have nothing to explain."

Now there was only one thing left to figure out.

What was her excuse?

>>------>

An old threat returned to Starling City thanks to the quake and Iron Heights. Barton Mathis AKA The Dollmaker. He was turning helpless women into human dolls.As if Porcelain Dolls weren't creepy enough.