A Heavy Choice To Make

"Thank you, yes of course, see you then." She said before she hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Oliver asked as he came from her office.

"Your mother." His brow furrowed.

"What did she want?" He questioned.

"For us to come to dinner." He rolled his eyes. "She's trying Oliver." He scrubbed a hand over his face.

"I know," he exclaimed.

"Oliver, I know you're still mad at her. You have every right to be and I know you'd rather spend your evening anywhere else but with your mother but Thea's going to be there. Think of your sister. She can feel the tension between you two and it's not going to be long until she realizes something's up."

"So what you're saying is that we're going?" She smiles softly.

"Yes. What kind of wife would I be if I didn't try to get along with my mother-in-law?" Oliver's face brightened. "What?"

"That's the first time you called yourself my wife." He came around the desk and pulled her from her chair, wrapping his arms around her. "I like it." She huffed in laughter and shook her head. "Well since it's you asking....I'll do it. Wife." She placed a chaste kiss on his lips and hugged him tighter.

"Alright then, dinner's at five." She shooed him away from her desk. "I've got work to do."

They finished work early and since they had driven to work that day took their own car to the mansion giving Diggle a break. Oliver took her hand to her hand to help her out of the car.

"Where's your band?" He asked a hit of concern in his voice. She pulled a chain from her blouse where her wedding band dangled and showed it to him.

"Your sister already caught us, I don't need your Mom catching on too." He scowled. "What?"

"I hate living with so many secrets."

"You've always lived with a lot of secrets. What's changed?"

"That was before you. Now...I.. now I just want to live as normal a life as possible."

"So what are you saying? You want to tell your Mom?"

"With the media digging into our lives with the campaign, it would be a good idea. I may have paid to keep our ceremony quiet but if there's one thing I've learned everything comes out eventually and usually at the worst times."

"Did John tell you that?"

"No. Why?"

"That's what he told me....when I didn't want to tell you about what happened that night."

He gave her a small smile. "Exactly." She sighed deeply.

"Well seeing as you don't have your ring with you tonight we'll just have to tell her another time," she said with feigned disappointment. Oliver dug into his pocket and pulled out his wedding band, his face smug. Her mouth dropped open. "Really Oliver?"

He slipped it on his finger."I don't like not wearing it. There was this woman flirting with me in the office the other day and all I wanted to do was slip it on."

"So what? You carry it in your pocket waiting to whip it out anytime another woman flirts with you?"

"Yep." Her jaw went slack.

"Tell me you're not serious."

"Dead."

She smacked him on the arm. "If I woman flirts with you then you better not need a ring to send her packing."