I Still Choose You

Felicity was still a little unclear about where her relationship stood with Oliver. They had kissed, there were no more secrets between them and he had told her he wanted her and the baby. But he was still keeping her at arms length, almost as if he was afraid to pull her close in fear that he would lose her, subconsciously protecting his heart from potential loss.

She had promised him he wouldn't lose her and she would do her darnedest to make sure she kept her promise. Whatever they were, they were keeping it private. With Moira running for Mayor now the press were all over the Queen family and Oliver didn't want her caught in the crossfire.

She looked at them as they sat in the conference room talking over the details of her campaign, Oliver actually looked like he was paying attention. That made her smile. She was still worried about where the pictures had come from but now that Oliver knew she put it in the back of her mind. Her investigating had turned up nothing anyways. She soon put her mind back to the ask at hand, she had received a alert from the Tempest account Walter had asked her to look into last year. Two days ago someone had made a monetary withdrawal into Starling National Bank. She bit her lip. Should she approach Walter about it or do more digging? Walter walked from the conference room looking down at his phone. She decided to do both. She marched over to Walter.

"Mr. Steele. It's so nice to see you again. May I have a word?"

"Felicity, you as well. Since I'm no longer your boss why don't we just make it Walter?"

"Okay...Walter." The British accent felt weird coming off her tongue. "It's about Tempest." She started hesitantly and he stiffened. "Mrs. Queen's super sketchy off shore account you asked me to look into?"

"I remember," he said as he lifted a arm for them to walk closer to the window.

"I left an embedded account alert on it so we'd know if anyone ever accessed it again and a few days ago someone made a wire transfer to numbered account at Starling National. The last time that account was used it was used for some really bad things." Walter gave her a calculating look.

"Felicity, I'm pretty sure it was just the campaign manager shutting it down but I'll speak to Moira about it first thing." His words were a silent plea for her to leave it alone. She nodded in understanding. "I understand congratulations are in order?" Her eyes widened.

"Umm..no. I mean well yes." Her eyes widened. "I'm trying to keep in quiet for the moment."

He nodded. "Of course, my lips are sealed. Congratulations and good luck to you." He said as he began to leave.

"Thank you...Walter." She looked back into the conference room. Oliver had been watching their conversation. He put up a hand and motioned for her to come to him. She felt like she was walking into the lions den. Moira and Thea in the same room?

She could practically feel a bead of sweat forming on her forehead. Of course there was no way Moira could know what was going on between her and Oliver. Heck, she didn't even know. She approached his chair and stayed at a respectable distance. "Yes, Mr. Queen?"

He pulled out the chair next to him for her to sit down. She glanced to the other side of the table. Moira and Thea were both engrossed in a conversation with the manager. She sat down pushing her chair a little further away from Oliver's.

"Felicity?"

"Yeah?"

"It's kinda hard to whisper to you when you're all the way over there." She sent him a impatient glare.Didn't he know his mother and sister were sitting across the table? I mean this was Oliver Queen we're talking about, he has a young blonde unattached assistant. Of course they probably suspected something had happened between them. And boy were they right. She shook her head at him and he just sighed. Before she realized what he was doing he grabbed the arm of the chair and rolled it next to his. There arms were touching now and there wasn't much space between them. Before she could complain Oliver was talking again.