Go Now Before It's Too Late

Oliver listened as Lance talked about Sara. He wished he could tell Lance everything that had happened but he knew it would be worse than believing she had been lost at sea. Suddenly a chill swept over his body. It was quiet, too quiet. Something was wrong.

"Diggle do you have eyes on Felicity?" The sound of pounding footsteps echoed through his comm.

He cursed. "No, I can't find her."

Lance swore and Oliver could hear him yelling into the police radio reporting a kidnapping. His heart stopped in his chest. He had her. Mathis had Felicity. How had he let this happen? He was supposed to protect her but he got sucked into the mistakes of his past and had become distracted. He had let his guard down for one minute and look where it had gotten him.

She was gone. He couldn't lose her.

He searched the alleyway frantically looking for any sign of a struggle. Nothing. He punched his fist against the brick wall. It hurt but it gave me something else to focus on other than his quickly increasing panic. Lance came running around the corner and started looking in every crack and cranny of the alleyway.

There was no way of finding her, they didn't even know how she had been taken and without her to hack traffic cams they were lost.

"Arrow, Arrow!" Digg yelled through the comm.

"Go."

"Felicity had a tracker on her. I just got an alert on my phone."

Hope quickly built in his chest but he pushed it down. He had to have his head on straight if he was going to be able to save her.

"Where?" He only asked for the address. Digg read it off.

"Wait for backup," called Lance.

"Felicity doesn't have time!" He growled.

Nothing stops him. He runs across the rooftops recklessly to get to his motorcycle. He doesn't even concern himself with his helmet only starts it and speeds off spitting gravel in his wake.

When he gets to the building he runs straight at it. It's against every rule in the book. You never go into somewhere you haven't scoped out. But this is Felicity.

It took everything inside of him not to shoot an arrow in Mathis and the only reason he doesn't is because Felicity wouldn't want him to. The polymer is getting dangerously close to her lips before he shoots an arrow stopping it's progression. Mathis runs but he doesn't care. He just.. Does. Not. Care. He runs to Felicity. His mind is scrambled and all he can think while he untied her is that he failed her. The one person in the world that he had never wanted too.

"What are you doing? Go after him!" She shouted through a throat that sounded like she'd been gargling glass.

"Diggle and Lance will take care of it."

He looked down at her wrist, raw and bleeding from the zip ties. "I'm sorry," he choked out. Tears threaten and he doesn't try to hide it.

"It's okay, you saved me."

"I almost didn't." She had been only a hairsbreadth away from death. Where would he be without her? He didn't even want to imagine.

"But you did...Oliver you did. The only thing I'm sorry for is being the damsel in distress."

She was only upset that he had to save her? Didn't she know he would do anything....anything for her? He would kill without a second thought and he couldn't find a place inside of him that regretted that feeling.

"How do you do that? You just got kidnapped and nearly killed, you should be angry with me! I supposed to protect you and I almost got you killed Felicity!"