I'm The Only Love That Changes You

The room was dark, the covers pulled up and there was a faint glow from the outside street lamp. Her head was on Oliver's shoulder, his arm wrapped around her waist. His breaths were even and there was no sign of the twitching that indicated that he was having a nightmare. She lied there awake for an hour, she couldn't sleep because Blueberry decided it was time for a soccer tournament. She peeked at Oliver's face and listened to his breathing to determine how deeply he was asleep before she quietly slipped from the bed. An amazing feat that she may have did a fist bump for when she reached the living room. She turned on the TV, curled up on the couch and started watching a old Doris Day movie on mute with the subtitles turned on.

When the baby quieted down her eyes started to get heavy and soon her eyes closed and she slipped into sleep. What seemed like not long after her eyes drifted open and she met two large blue ones. He brushed away the hair that had fallen into her face. "I woke up and you were gone" He whispered, repeating her line from not long ago.

"I couldn't sleep," she whispered back.

There was something about it being it being dark outside and so quiet that made the moment reverent. She pulled the blanket back and scooted towards the outside of the couch, he crawled over her and slipped in behind her and recovered them. His warmth enveloped her as his bare chest pressed into her back and his arms slipped around her to cup her belly. "He's quiet now. I'm guess he's tired from the world cup." Oliver's chuckle sent his warm breath fanning against the back of her neck making a shiver run over her frame. "You were sleeping so good when I got up. He was moving and I didn't want to wake you."

"I don't sleep good without you."

"Did you have a bad dream?" She asked softly.

"No...but when I couldn't feel you it scared me," he replied, his voice tight with worry.

"I'm sorry." She replied thickly. "I didn't mean to worry you." His pulled her closer to his body, his knees pressing into the back of hers, his chin rested on top of her head. His palm snuck under her shirt and pressed against her belly and rubbed back and forth lightly.

After a few moments of silence she turned in his arms, her extended abdomen pressing into his, her hands finding it's usual place over his heart and her head settled into the place on his chest between his clavicle. "I love you...so much." His hands ran through her tangled locks.

"Felicity..." He said roughly. That's all she needed to her, her name, spoken with so much emotion. Every time he said it, his tongue drawing out the syllables was like saying 'I love you'.

"I know," she said lowly as she pressed a kiss on his chest. He held her like someone was about to rip her away from him so she ran her hands over his shoulder and chest. He instantly loosens, some of the tenseness leaving him body.

"Felicity..." He choked out and she could hear tears in his voice. "There aren't words..." He trailed off and she peeked up at him, the light of the TV flickered across them and she could see that his blue eyes were in fact glazed over. She placed a feather light kiss on his lips. A second later she felt a kick.

"Do you feel that?"

"Yeah," he said softly.

"He's definitely your son."

"Why's that?"

"He keeps me up at night." Suddenly he pulled away from her, she rolled onto her back as he placed hands on either side of her head, hovering above her.

"I can think of better reasons to keep you from sleep." He leaned down and brushed his lips softly against hers, teasing.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," she replied her voice sounding breathy.