Never Giving Up On You

"Roy?" She and Oliver asked unison.

The man in question stood next to the makeshift med-bay table he had been lying on, IV tube were dangling from his arms. His hazel eyes were empty and dark like he wasn't really there with them.

"Roy?" She asked again as she stepped forward, her hand outstretched. Oliver put a hand on her shoulder to stop her process. "Can you hear me?"

Roy's fist clenched and his whole body went rigid as she spoke.

"You're okay, you're safe now," she told him hoping it would break through whatever wall his mind had built to protect himself.

But her words did little and only manged to break whatever semblance of control he had. His whole body shook with anger and he flipped over the table, the noise it made when it landed echoed through the room making her jump. Oliver shoved her behind him when Roy's face contorted in rage.

"Roy! It's us. We're not going to hurt you," she said from behind Oliver's body before he started pacing like a caged animal.

She pulled out her phone, her fingers flew over the screen as she typed out a frantic SOS text to Diggle and Sara. Oliver was absolutely still front of her aside from his head tilting in the direction of his bow. She knew he would do anything to protect her but she didn't want it to come to Roy being hurt. She knew that in his right mind he would never hurt them, but this Roy with his eyes wild was out of control, unpredictable... unreachable. He couldn't be trusted, not in Oliver's mind when her safety was involved.
But she had to believe he was still in there. She wouldn't give up on him.

"Roy, I know you're in there and I know you feel lost and angry." All she could do was keep calling his name in hope that he would hear her. He punched a nearby pillar making the plaster dust dance in the air. She flinched.

"Felicity," Oliver warned as he began to inch closer to his bow.

"No! He's in there Oliver. I've never given up on you so why would I give up on him?" She questioned before turning back to Roy missing the look that passed Oliver's face.

A moment later Roy rushed them and Oliver pushed her away from him and made a grab for his bow, knocking an arrow in lighting speed and pointing it right at Roy's heart. Her heart started to pound in her chest as she righted herself. Her mind whirled as she came to stand at Oliver's back. She would not let another person be hurt because of her. Especially not Roy. She placed her hands on Oliver's back and rose on her tiptoes to peer over his shoulders.

"Roy, you are not alone and you never will be. You have a have a family. Me, Oliver, soon a nephew too, Digg, Sara...Thea." She put emphasis on her name. "We all love you, so you have to fight this! You and I have something in common, we're always the people who get left." She felt Oliver's shoulder tighten under her hands. "Don't be that person Roy. Don't leave us because we need you...because we love you." A tear slipped down her cheek and off her chin to the cold floor below. "You're the brother I never had and never knew I needed...Don't leave me Roy."

His eye's bore into hers and she could see a glimmer of recognition there. Dare she hope? His hands balled into fist and a few more tremors racked his frame, but she could see. The fight in him now. His eyes closed.

"For Thea, for your team, for yourself. You can do this. I believe in you," she finished softly, her voice thick with tears. His eyes opened at her last words and what she saw made her heart soar. It was Roy, their Roy looking back at her. For the first time in what felt like hours she was finally able to take a deep breath and so did he. Oliver was still tense in front of her, bow still drawn. She squeezed his shoulders and he lowered it but kept it in hand, always one to be prepared. Well...not always if her belly was any indication.