Chapter 39

5 years passed!

John Caleb's POV

5 years of missing her especially her smiles, the way she laugh, yung kakulitan niya, her sweet voice, those characteristics that makes her unique and special.

5 years that my life was a mess because she's not in my side.

5 years that I felt incomplete because she's not with me and living with guilt because of what happened before.

It's been 5 years when she leaved but until now wala pa rin akong balita tungkol sa kanya.

Even those private investigators that I hired wala silang alam. Even a single clue or information about her whereabouts  wala silang naibigay sa akin.

Pati si Elize walang alam kung saang bansa sila pumunta, minsan nga nagdududa na ako sa kanya because I sense that she's hiding something from me.

Every night I'm asking myself if she's okay, if she's missing me, if she's eating well, if she's happy out there, if she feels the way I feel towards her without her by my side.

Since when she leaved my life was full of what if's.

I know I've never been a good husband and friend to her because I thought I don't love her but I was fucking wrong.

* knock *

* knock *

Nabaling ang tingin ko sa pintuan dahil sa kumatok.

Well to tell you everyday I'm here at my office just to make myself busy for me to stop thinking of her.

* knock *

* knock *

"Come in." I said without even looking at the door.

The door opened at iniluwa nito si Carl.

"Bakit ang tagal mong sabihin yun? Mahirap bang sabihin yun para natagalan ka bago mo nasabi yun?" Reklamo niya pagkapasok na pagkapasok pa lang niya.

"Don't tell me you're still thinking her that's why you don't even bother to hear me knocking outside?"