22: Lacrosse Game

Savannah:
I sigh tossing my pencil down on my notebook. I wasn't in the mood for homework anyways. May glancing at me with a questioning look on her face.
"Is it possible to develop feeling for someone, while you're in love with someone else?" I ask absentmindedly. "Well, no. I don't think you're in love with that person anymore if you're liking someone else." May says. She watches me intently. I knew the question that was forming in her head. "Why?" She finally asks. I shrug my shoulders setting down my pencil. "It's just..the day I skipped school, I spent it with Colton." I explain. "And that night I slept in his bed." I whisper. Her jaw drops open then suddenly she smiles. "You slept in the same bed as Colton?" She asks excitedly. My cheeks redden as I nod. May grins widely at me. "So, you have a thing for him?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know." I groan. I let my head drop on the table with a loud thud. "I feel something for him." I finally admit. I lift my head looking up at May. Her eyes are wide in surprise. "So, what are you going to do?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. I'm so confused. I love Mason but right now he's being a...douche. While, Colton on the other hand has been really charming. I just..I not sure if I'm feeling this way because Mason isn't giving me attention unless it has to do with sex and Colton is. Or because I'm really starting to develop some sort of feelings for him." I explain. May nods thoughtfully. She seems to be thinking about something. "How about we go to the game?" She asks. I scrunch my nose at her. "Oh, don't give me that look. It could be fun. Lord, knows you need the distraction."
May explains. Before I get the chance to protest she stands up from her chair. She walks over to my closet. "Do we have to?" I whine. "Yes. Besides, it's the first game of the season. We have to support our team. Show some school spirit." May replies. I slump back on my bed staring at my ceiling. "Are you sure you aren't doing this because you wanna see my brother?" I ask. I jump when May throws a shoe at my stomach. I groan in pain. "What was that for?" I cry out. I sit up looking at her. She narrows her eyes another who in her hands. She points it at me. "You know why. And besides, your brother is dating Rosie. In case you forgot." She adds in a bitter tone. Oh, how could I forget? May spent the whole car ride talking about it. Finally after and hour I managed to change the subject. She turns her attention back on my clothes. "Can't I just wear what I have on?" I complain. She turns around to face me. Her eyes look over my outfit. "Where did you get the shirt?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders. "It's Collins, isn't it?" She guessed. I shrug my shoulders again. She groans in distaste. "Fine, but at least do your make up. And fix you're hair." She grumbles. I smile happily at her. I grab my makeup bag off of my dresser then head into the bathroom. After applying a small amount of makeup on and fixing my hair into a bun I leave the bathroom. May meets me in the hall. "The games starting soon. We should get going." She remarks. I follow behind her as we walk down the stairs. "Can I drive?" I ask. May tosses me her car keys. I catch them with both hands. I unlock the car and climb in. "When's spring break?" May randomly asks. I think about it for a moment. "Uh, next Thursday. I think." I reply. "We should do something." She says. I nods my head in agreement. I glance at her to find that she's sitting back in her seat thoughtfully. I turn on the radio to fill the silence. I hum along to the song on the radio as we drive to the school. By the time the songs over I pulling into the parking lot. I turn off the car and climb out. May walks along side me as we head towards the field. "Who are we playing?" She asks. "Eh, The Falcons." I reply. An excited look appears on her face. "Oo, this is going to be an intense game." She remarks. We walk towards the stands. That were already full of high school students and families. We take a seat towards the front next to Starla and her boyfriend Lewis. May and Starla chat back and forth until the game starts. I scan the stands behind me. My eyes stopping when I see Mason with his friends. I turn away before he could see me. When he finally got the clue that I wasn't going to talk to him he stopped trying. It was taking everything in me not to cave until he apologized. And meant it this time. The crowd cheered as the boys came into the field. My eyes instantly searching for Colton. I spot him beside a kid with blonde hair. They same to be joking around because both of them laugh about something. I tear my eyes away from him when May bumps my shoulder. I look at her. "You got a little something?" She jokes wiping the imaginary saliva from her mouth. I roll my eyes but chuckle at her. "Right back at you." I remark noticing her eyeing my brother. Only she wasn't the only one. Rosie was in the front row cheering him on. I wanted to walk down the steps and kick her. I shake the violent thought out of my head. I clap along with the crowd when the game starts. May was right about it being an intense game. We had only beat the Falcons by a few points. You could see the happiness on Colton's face when we won. He looked proud of his team mates. "Come on.
Let's go congratulate them." May states. I quickly wave goodbye to Starla and Lewis as May pulls be along with her. They shake their heads at us and wave back. As we reach the field, May stops short when Rosie throws her arms around Brandon's neck. Their lips connecting. May's eyes flashes from anger to hurt. I tug on her arm. "Hey, don't beat yourself up over it. He's a jerk." I mumble. I look back over at Brandon. Who happens to look our way. He waves then continues to kiss Rosie. "Ugh, all I get is a wave and she gets him. My life's shit." She mumbles. I was going to console her but I stop short when I see Colton give some brunette a kiss. He smiles at her. I avert my attention away from them before I am see gawking. Colton and Brandon walk toward us. "Shit, they're coming this way." She mumbles. Her hand clasps tightly around mine. Her grip tightens when Rosie desperately clings onto Brandon's arm. I force a smile. "Congratulations, Captain and Co-cap on an amazing victory." I say to Brandon and Colton. Their eyes light up with pride. I notice the brunette watching me carefully. I make eye contact with Colton. Who's giving me a questioning look. "So," May breaths out awkwardly. Brandon being the stupid idiot that he is opens his mouth. "Right, guys this is my girlfriend, Rosie." He introduced her. May digs her nails into my skin. I wince from the pain. He just had to say it. "We know." May states bitterly. I force a smile. "Right, well. We'll..uh see you at home." I stutter. The boys seemed confused as May yanks me away from them. Not that I mind. Seeing Colton with that girl bothered me. Where they together? If so, why didn't he mention it to me? "This is my girlfriend, Rosie." May mocks Brandon in an annoyed tone. "Asshole. Can't he see that I'm standing right in front of him. Like hello?! I'm right here!" She exclaims. "Ugh! I want to stab her!" May yells. She earns a few strange looks from people passing by. "We should buy a carton of eggs and egg her stupid house. With her stupid face." May grumbles. "As much fun as that sounds, I don't want to go to jail. At least not for eggs." I reply. She huffs at me. "You're brothers an asshole." She informs me. "Tell me something I don't know." I reply.