42: Warning

Savannah:
"So, how did you guys do this lacrosse season?" My dad asked the boys. I glance between the two of them taking a bite of my food. "It went great. We have two more big games. Hopefully we can make it to nationals." Colton spoke up first. "When's the next game?" My mom asked. "In a few days. We've been practicing after school."  Brandon spoke next. I glance at Colton sending him a small smile before looking back at my plate. "Oh, before I forget we are having an art exhibit in the next couple of days. I would like if all of you could come. Bring dates." My mother paused. "It's formal so wear something nice." She added. I take another bite of my food as I nod. I was looking forward to the art show. It would be fun. I enjoyed art almost as much as my parents. "Alright, well if we're all done your father and I have to return to the office." My mother announced. I set my fork down and slid my plate away from me. We all climbed to our feet and head to the entrance while my father paid for our meals. "Do you think I should tell May about this?" Brandon asks. I shrug my shoulders. "I don't see why not?" I reply. "What are you kids up to now?" My mother asked. "I'm gonna go see May." Brandon spoke first. "Vannah and I are gonna go get ice cream since we're in town." Colton spoke. I look at him in surprise. He smiled happily at me. I didn't have to look at Brandon to know that he was annoyed. My mother nods. "Alright, well we'll see you at home then." She replied then walked out. Brandon glanced at us once more before following her. "Colton," I mumbled but he shook his head ushering me out the door. We walk down the side walk away from the restaurant. I'm taken by surprise when he grabs my hand. "I love holding your hand." He smiled. "It rarely happens." I say. He nods. "Yeah, but when it does it's great." He replied. I stop in my tracks and look at him. "It's not fair. I should be able to hold your hand when I want. Kiss you when I want. Be seen in public with you without it getting back to Brandon that we're together." I remark. He sighs in defeat stepping towards me. "I know but we have to give it time." He whispered. His hands grab my face as he places a gentle kiss onto my lips. I wanted to protest but he continued to kiss me. "Lets go get some ice cream." He mumbles kissing me once more before stepping back. "Fine." I mumble grabbing his hand once more. We walked in silence for a moment. "So, I was thinking," Colton paused. I look at him waiting for him to speak. "Did you want to be my date for your parents art show?" He asked. I smile thoughtfully at him. "Are you trying to make Brandon mad?" I ask. He shakes his head. "No, but it will be a great chance for your parents to see us together as a couple. Your parents approval is the only one I care about." He said. I smile softly at him. "Okay, I'd love to be your date." I say. He grins happily at me. When we reach the ice cream shop the smell of waffle cones fill my nose. I've always loved the smell of this shop. I gaze over the menu but already knew what I wanted. "You ready?" Colton asks. I nod my head. He steps towards the counter and places our order. The girl behind the counter glances between the two of us as she scoops our ice cream. "Vannah?" I recognize Masons voice. I turn my head to see him standing by the entrance. I let go of Coltons hand. "I'll be back." I whisper. I walk towards Mason who opens the door allow me to step out then follows me. "So, you're with Colton?" He asked. I sigh looking at him. "Sort of." I reply. "What does that mean?" He asks. His eyes scan over mine. "It means what it's low key. Brandon can't find out." I say. He nods his head. I didn't expect him to say anything. "How have you been?" He suddenly asks. I'm taken back by his question. "I'm okay. You?" I say. He's hesitant. "I've been better. I am sorry for everything I put you through Savannah. I know you didn't deserve it. But I've seen the way you look at him. You've never looked at me that way." He explained. I open my mouth to speak but he cuts me off. "It's okay. I'm not angry. You deserve to be happy."
"So do you." I reply. He nods his head again. "I won't say anything to anyone by the way. I know that I haven't been one to trust with my word but for you..I will." He said. I wanted to believe him but it was kind of hard. Colton walked out of the ice cream shop with our ice cream in his hands. "I'll see you later." Mason said. "Bye." I reply watching him walk away. Colton scowled handing me my ice cream. "What did he want?" He asked. I shake my head. "He was surprised to see us together." I said. "Well he should be. He's an asshole. Who did nothing but-" I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. He kissed me back but frowned when I pulled away. "It's okay."
"You're lucky I love you." He said.
"Dido." I smile. I take a bite of my ice cream as we walk down the street in a comfortable silence. It was a nice warm day. To bad it wasn't going to last with fall right around the corner. Not that I cared because fall was my favorite season. By the time we reach the house I was completely out of ice cream. We walk up the steps and walk inside. I walk upstairs into my bedroom to find Brandon in my room. "What are you doing?" I ask. "I wanted to talk to you."
"About?" I reply. He walks around me and closes the door. I turn to face him. "Look, I won't ask again. Please stay away from Colton. He's bad for you. I won't tell you again." He remarked. Before I got the chance to speak he leaves the bedroom. I stared after him completely dumbfounded. I can't believe him. I groan closing my bedroom door. He's getting on my very last nerve.